Forza Azzurri

Default Whirlpool ice maker

Hello,

does anybody have any advice on problems with those modular Icemakers
put in Freezers ?

My icemaker stopped making ice and I believe the heater is not turning
on to allow the maker to move the ice out. Any suggestions ??

Many thanks !!!
--
'''
(0 0)
Bob Shuman

Get a schematic. These are many times in an envelope taped to the back of
the refrigerator/freezer unit, especially on Whirlpool. The basic ice
making cycle is water fills the ice mold (timer driven volume), freeze
(sensor detects temperature), heater engagement (momentarily to loosen cubes
and allow removal), ice cube ejection from mold. The cycle then repeats as
long as the tray full arm is not engaged.

You don't say why you think it is the heater element that you think is
defective, but it is easily checked with a standard ohm meter (when
disconnected) or a volt meter when it is being operated. I'd suspect the
timer motor mechanism, microswitches, or fill solenoid/valve would be more
common points of failure, but yes, it could be the heater as well.

Good luck!

Bob

"Forza Azzurri" wrote in message
Hello,

does anybody have any advice on problems with those modular Icemakers
put in Freezers ?

My icemaker stopped making ice and I believe the heater is not turning
on to allow the maker to move the ice out. Any suggestions ??

Many thanks !!!
--
'''
(0 0)
+----oOO----(_)----------+
| Preserving Azzurri |
| Calcio History |
|http://forzaazzurri.com |
+-----------------oOO----+
|__|__|
|| ||
ooO Ooo

Craig Hart

You don't say why you think it is the heater element that you think is
defective,

Perhaps there's a sold block of ice stuck in the mould that won't come out?

Sam Goldwasser

"Craig Hart" writes:

You don't say why you think it is the heater element that you think is
defective,

Perhaps there's a sold block of ice stuck in the mould that won't come out?

I've also see a case where water got into the timer mechanism and froze solid,
preventing it from turning. Nothing else wrong once thawed out and dried.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header is ignored.
To contact me, please use the Feedback Form in the FAQs.

Asimov

"Forza Azzurri" bravely wrote to "All" (23 Nov 04 13:29:53)
--- on the heady topic of " Whirlpool ice maker"

WOW! Here's a happy ending at last!

FA From: Forza Azzurri

FA Thanks for the advice. I removed the ice maker and thawed it out.
FA Put it back and it works great.

FA Many thanks !!!

FA Sam Goldwasser wrote:
"Craig Hart" writes:

You don't say why you think it is the heater element that you think is
defective,

Perhaps there's a sold block of ice stuck in the mould that won't come out?

.... "Bother!" said Pooh, as he saw the sparks and smelled the smoke.

Sam Goldwasser

"Asimov" writes:

"Forza Azzurri" bravely wrote to "All" (23 Nov 04 13:29:53)
--- on the heady topic of " Whirlpool ice maker"

WOW! Here's a happy ending at last!

I should note that some of the large appliance repair Web sites have
very good technical info on icemakers.