DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Zenith Inteq Model IQB50M90W (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/78159-zenith-inteq-model-iqb50m90w.html)

mypet November 21st 04 06:43 PM

Zenith Inteq Model IQB50M90W

Last night we were watching a movie and the color on our tv, a Zenith
Inteq Model IQB50M90W, went extremely dark with very strong red tones.
I tried the normal adjustments with no luck.
I called the Zenith service number and the guy said to unplug the set
for 35 mins to get back to the factory presets. If that doesn't work
(unplugged now) he said that a tube package would run approx. $130
plus labor which I would definitely have to hire as even though I'm a
do-it-yourselfer, I'm not very electronic minded.
I told him the set was only 4 years old and he said that was rather
premature for the tubes to go out in this unit, but wellll.....he did
consider it worth fixing.
I see a lot of people complaining of multiple repairs of these sets
and I was wondering IS it worth fixing or am I just entering into a
series of repairs when I would be better off getting a new set and
cutting my losses?

john November 21st 04 06:53 PM

$130.00 Dam cheap Go For It.

kip

BubbaJim November 22nd 04 10:31 AM

"john" wrote in news:newscache$cslj7i$qlo$1
@newsfeed.niagara.com:

$130.00 Dam cheap Go For It.

kip

Possible open 120K ohm resistors on the crt cards...UNPLUG set from wall
first, on each crt card you will find a transistor mounted on a heat
sink..less than 1/2 in in front of the transistor you will find a 120K ohm
resistor...check all three, but if one is open, replace all three. 1/2
watt.
bubbajim

mypet December 12th 04 07:07 PM

Thanks for all the possibilities. We tried unplugging the set to
return it to factory presets with no luck.
Being as I'm not comfortable with electronics, I call the repair guy.
He tried to adjust the color from the remote (I'd already tried) with
no luck. He then opened the set and did something to adjust it from
the inside and this did the trick.
The screen he was using looked just like the one I use from the remote,
but this method worked and he was able to get the picture adjusted.
Why would it work from the inside of the set and not from the remote?
He also said that he noted that we had an Hitachi "board" in the set,
not a Zenith. Does this mean we might get lucky and not have the usual
Zenith Tube problems noted by other posters?