raw38

Default fisher stereo receiver

hello, I have an old fisher stereo receiver that im having a small
promblem with.I dont know that much about electronics and was hoping
someone could give a little friendly advise. sometimes when powered up it
has output and sometimes it dont. ive checked speaker connections etc,
the only way i know to explain it is, if it showing a station ex(96.9) it
has output and works fine, if nothing is displayed it has no output. is
this a minor promblem or major, thank you raw38

none

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 01:39:32 -0500, "raw38"
wrote:

hello, I have an old fisher stereo receiver that im having a small
promblem with.I dont know that much about electronics and was hoping
someone could give a little friendly advise. sometimes when powered up it
has output and sometimes it dont. ive checked speaker connections etc,
the only way i know to explain it is, if it showing a station ex(96.9) it
has output and works fine, if nothing is displayed it has no output. is
this a minor promblem or major, thank you raw38

Check for cold soldere joints on the circuit board and all leads to
the connectors and pots.
Fisher stereos are famous for cold solder joints and loose/faulty
leads.
jakdedert

raw38 wrote:
hello, I have an old fisher stereo receiver that im having a small
promblem with.I dont know that much about electronics and was hoping
someone could give a little friendly advise. sometimes when powered
up it has output and sometimes it dont. ive checked speaker
connections etc, the only way i know to explain it is, if it showing
a station ex(96.9) it has output and works fine, if nothing is
displayed it has no output. is this a minor promblem or major, thank
you raw38

FM muting? IOW, the receiver blanks it's output when there is no station
tuned. This is normal. There is probably a switch to defeat the
feature...perhaps when the receiver is in mono, interstation noise is not
muted...many receivers work that way.

If all of the other functions of the unit work, then what you have is not a
problem, but a 'feature.'

jak

raw38

hello I thank you both for your reply's, ive checked the mute,etc. when
this happens no other functions work, it has tape 1 tape2 cd video aux and
phono, the unit is a RS881R (digital)

jakdedert

raw38 wrote:
hello I thank you both for your reply's, ive checked the mute,etc.
when this happens no other functions work, it has tape 1 tape2 cd
video aux and phono, the unit is a RS881R (digital)

IOW, what you're saying is that; unless you have an FM station tuned in on
the receiver, none of the other functions work?

Strange....

jak