DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   who makes emerson TVs? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/77740-who-makes-emerson-tvs.html)

b November 19th 04 01:30 AM

who makes emerson TVs?

Just curious!
Not a very common brand in Europe, only seen a few over the years, i
was wondering if they make their own stuff or if they use other / OEM
chassis etc?
regards
Ben

LASERandDVDfan November 19th 04 03:41 AM

Just curious!
Not a very common brand in Europe, only seen a few over the years, i
was wondering if they make their own stuff or if they use other / OEM
chassis etc?

Orion and Funai have made televisions for Emerson.

Although, Emerson isn't a soverign brand as it is currently owned by Funai
Electric. - Reinhart

b November 19th 04 03:09 PM

(LASERandDVDfan) wrote in message ...
Just curious!
Not a very common brand in Europe, only seen a few over the years, i
was wondering if they make their own stuff or if they use other / OEM
chassis etc?

Orion and Funai have made televisions for Emerson.

Although, Emerson isn't a soverign brand as it is currently owned by Funai
Electric. - Reinhart

Thanks for the info Reinhart -
regards,
Ben

James Sweet November 19th 04 09:42 PM

"b" wrote in message
om...
(LASERandDVDfan) wrote in message

Just curious!
Not a very common brand in Europe, only seen a few over the years, i
was wondering if they make their own stuff or if they use other / OEM
chassis etc?

Orion and Funai have made televisions for Emerson.

Although, Emerson isn't a soverign brand as it is currently owned by

Funai
Electric. - Reinhart

Thanks for the info Reinhart -
regards,
Ben

How long has Funai owned them anyway? I had an Emerson 13" for years that I
finally gave my little brother, it's at least 15 years old and has always
worked flawlessly. I've dealt with a few others that were nothing but
trouble, certainly wouldn't buy one.

LASERandDVDfan November 20th 04 02:51 AM

How long has Funai owned them anyway? I had an Emerson 13" for years that I
finally gave my little brother, it's at least 15 years old and has always
worked flawlessly. I've dealt with a few others that were nothing but
trouble, certainly wouldn't buy one.

Dunno, but fairly recently. Within 10 years, I'm willing to bet. - Reinhart