DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Looking for information about Samsung 770 TFT LCD monitor (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/77709-looking-information-about-samsung-770-tft-lcd-monitor.html)

Hellion November 17th 04 02:51 AM

Looking for information about Samsung 770 TFT LCD monitor

I bought the Samsung 770 TFT LCD monitor four years ago. They have a
three-year warranty, so of course the monitor had to have its first (and
serious) problem ever last week.

On the right side of the screen, a vertical strip of pixels 1.5" wide has
stopped working. I'd like to fix this if I can -- it's a nice monitor.
Does anyone have advice or -- even better -- a schematic diagram for this
model?

--
Sent by marko from fastmail element from ca

Jerry G. November 20th 04 07:51 AM

Samsung will not sell the parts or service manuals to outside service
people, or the end users. This can be a defect in the ribbon cable, or in
the driver board for the display panel. Some of these panels are built with
the driver board built right on to it. In most cases, the display and driver
area sections are changed together as a single unit.

You should get in touch with Samsung to have the proper information about
getting an estimate to have the monitor serviced.

--

Jerry G.
======