Lenny

Default Troubleshooting Sony blink codes

I'm still having problems with this KV32XBR400. When I first try to
power it up I can hear a relay and it seems to blink 7 times.
Afterwards the standby light comes on and stays on until power up is
attempted again. Then there are 5 blinks with the last one being a
quick one. Of course I suppose perhaps the short last one is
irrelevant and if it is then that would suggest a vertical problem I'm
told. Either way this is somewhat ambiguous but I'm going to say its a
total of 5 then, which I'm told is an IK problem. I have looked for
evidence of arcing around the CRT socket and there is none. There is
also no 180V up to the CRT board that I could find either. But then
would there be given these conditions? It doesn't appear that the
power supply is coming up at all but truthfully I'm not at all
familiar with this chassis and am having a great deal of trouble for
this reason just getting started. Whether its a vertical or an IK
problem, can anyone please help me with a procedure for trying to
track down this problem? This set is a beheamoth and I would really
like to get it out of here. I sincerely appreciate any and all
assistance. Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics
Kirk S.

Hi,

Try he

http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/SonyBlink.html

I've got a 32" Sony giving me trouble as well. Replaced flyback, HOT and
P/S parts and now it shuts down HV when I hook a cable signal to it. Will
also shut down if I bring up the menu. Screen control is very sensative as
well. Front LED flashes constantly until I turn screen to a certain point.
Picture comes on and HV goes down shortly after that. I suppose I need to
watch the heater line since that is where one of the reference voltages
comes from for HV shutdown.

Kirk S.
"Lenny" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Leonard Caillouet

"Kirk S." wrote in message
Hi,

Try he

http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/SonyBlink.html

I've got a 32" Sony giving me trouble as well. Replaced flyback, HOT and
P/S parts and now it shuts down HV when I hook a cable signal to it. Will
also shut down if I bring up the menu. Screen control is very sensative

as
well. Front LED flashes constantly until I turn screen to a certain

point.
Picture comes on and HV goes down shortly after that. I suppose I need to
watch the heater line since that is where one of the reference voltages
comes from for HV shutdown.

Model #? Check your +/- 15 v supplies in the FBT secondary, particularly
the negative.

Leonard