Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Rick Jones

Default Mitsubishi WS55859 HDTV

My Mitsubishi has a series of black dots spaced at regular intervals
running diagonally across the screen and then repeating again on the
lower part. A tech that came out said it was burn-in and would not be
covered under my warranty. I've seen burn-in on TVs and monitors before
and it has never had solid black dots like this, plus I have not ever
had any sort of static picture on the screen for any length of time that
could have caused burn-in.
This reminds me of a RAM chip on a computer display card with a bad
column address line. Does my HDTV have a digital frame buffer that could
have failed like this? Is there any sort of built-in diagnostic I could
access to test it?

--

Rick Jones
Remove the Extra Dot to e-mail me