michael

Default panasonic tv convergence, please help!

I have a friends (honestly, it isn't me with a large screen
panasonic.

My main question is: How do I do the pincushion settings for all 3
colors? I only get one global set? I need to set the hsize for blue
and red compared to green.

I work for a company called Barco, we make projectors (crt/dlp/lcd
etc) and I saw his screen looking terrible on convergence and
geometry. So being a geek, I tried to help him.

Well, we found out that the "user level" convergence points are a
single point. So once I found the service mode, I thought I was home
free. I know how to generally do all pincushion and convergence types
of settings. BUT...

I can't find any 9 point convergence points in the lists that i got
from here. I got the pincushion settings, but how do I do it for the
other colors? All I have are global (all color) settings. How do i
make it do it for one color gun at a time?

Is there only one convergence zone? That would be pretty stupid! I
have the center spot on for all 3 colors, but i need to have horz size
for the red and blue to green.

Am i missing something stupid?

I would love to help them if I could!

Thank you,

Michael Christopher

Dayton, Ohio
BWL

Model and Chassis #?
Art

Also, may want to consider purchasing the specific service literature from
Panasonic?? These can be model/chassis specific since there has been a few
software changes in the past few generations of their sets.
"BWL" wrote in message
Model and Chassis #?

michael

The Model number is

pt51g63w

Is there a way to put the set into a mode where the "pincushion"
settings are applied to a single color?

There is information on the web about setting it into individual
colors for "purity" but my goal is to be able to make the vsize/hsize
etc pincusion settings (in the "D" set) be active for a single color
at a time (such as red and blue) so that I can bring them into
alignment with the green gun.

The red and blue need to have hsize applied to them. When I do the
single point converge that is available to the user, the blue and red
are perfect in the center, but they are too far out on the right and
left edge.

There MUST be some way to adjust this a gun at a time!

Michael
john

The best thing for you to do is Purchase the Service Manual.

kip

James Sweet

"michael" wrote in message
m...
[...]

First of all, how did the pincussion get out of wack to begin with? Are you
sure you're not trying to adjust out a fault?