DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Power supply schematic for RCA VR676HF (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/75397-power-supply-schematic-rca-vr676hf.html)

ampapa November 1st 04 12:25 PM

Power supply schematic for RCA VR676HF

I'm looking for a schematic for an RCA VR676HF. It's dead and won't
power up which is fairly common for this unit as I've read. Does
anyone have any first hand experience with this unit?

I have an idea it might be in any of the following?

Q801, R817,R818,C813,D808,D809,R815

I don't have the part# of the diodes or transistor above so changing
them is going to be a problem.

A shematic of the power supply would be a great help.

T.I.A

ampapa,

Sofie November 1st 04 08:51 PM

ampapa:
If you did not do any component testing then ....FIRST......You should check
the FUSE.... then certainly you must check the important transistor,
resistors, capacitor and diodes that you mentioned..... then test ALL of the
electrolytics for high ESR with an ESR meter..... if no ESR meter then just
change out all of the electrolytics in the SMPS......not that many ....
start with C 09, a 22uf 16V Bi-polar.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

om...

ampapa November 2nd 04 10:37 PM

Daniel,

Thanks for the post.

Fuse is good, it was the first thing I checked. Are the caps the first
to go on these things, from what I've read that's been posted that's
were most of the repairs focus.

AJM,

"Sofie" wrote in message ...
ampapa:
If you did not do any component testing then ....FIRST......You should check
the FUSE.... then certainly you must check the important transistor,
resistors, capacitor and diodes that you mentioned..... then test ALL of the
electrolytics for high ESR with an ESR meter..... if no ESR meter then just
change out all of the electrolytics in the SMPS......not that many ....
start with C 09, a 22uf 16V Bi-polar.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie