Walter Hrutka

Default missing or corrupted c:\himen.sys

I am getting the error message "missing or corrupt himen.sys file, error in
config.sys on line 1" when I boot the computer. Under these lines the
following is contained C:\REM LH C:\ CDROM\MSDEX \D:MSCD000 and also
this line C:\REM-BY WINDOWS SETUP- LH C:\CDROM\MSDEX \D:MSCD000. The
original problem was I reformatted the hard drive and used Win98 Startup
Disk and could not load Windows98 because the startup disk did not contain
the drivers for my Goldstar CD-Rom Model GCD-R540B. I went to LGelectronics
website and downloaded the dos drivers and followed their instructions for
creating the autoexec.bat and config.sys files but could not install the dos
drivers(their instructions are not that great, they say" Put in a win98
startup disk and type COPY A:\\HIMEN.SYS C: and don't say hit enter or
remove startup disk but say Put floppy that has DOS drivers in drive A: and
type A:\\INSTALL.EXE and then Accept the default directories, Take floppy
out and reboot. I could not get it to work so I swapped the Cd-rom for
another one that was supported by the startup disk. After I loaded Win98 I
swapped back to the Goldstar Cd-rom and everything works O.K. but I am
unhappy with this error message I receive at bootup. Thanks for any help.

Gerard Bok

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 22:41:18 -0400, "Walter Hrutka"
wrote:

I am getting the error message "missing or corrupt himen.sys file, error in
config.sys on line 1" when I boot the computer.

Goto bootdisk.com and download a Windows 98 bootdisk :-)

And in the unlikely case that this disk does not support your
CDRom: append your own drivers to this disk.

--
Kind regards,
Gerard Bok