DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sony 27V42, 3 vertical colors in background. (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/75214-sony-27v42-3-vertical-colors-background.html)

Tom Knowles October 30th 04 09:27 PM

Sony 27V42, 3 vertical colors in background.

Set has perfect picture and sound, It has 3 color areas. On the left
third of the screen it is green, in the middle it is sort of blueish and
on the third area of the sceen it is sort of a magenta color,
degaussing has no effect on removing this coloration.
I know it has a trinatron tube in it,, I have not had much experience
with those, so I am asking for help, in explaining this defect and if
there is a cure (or fix) for it.
Checked the degauss coil and the posistor and they checked o.k.
Thanks again for any ideas.
Tom

David October 31st 04 06:07 PM

What does a solid red screen look like when you disconnect the green
and blue drive and "short" the red cathode to ground through a 5K 5W
resistor?

If it still has color problems like this, you know 100% it is either
the degauss circuit or the picture tube.

David