DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Meridian 200 CD Player - LED display (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/74018-meridian-200-cd-player-led-display.html)

Dave October 21st 04 06:16 AM

Meridian 200 CD Player - LED display

The green LED display on my Meridian CD200 CD player has a couple of
segments out - machine still works fine - but annoying!

Are such displays repairable - or do I have to try and find a
replacement display as I am not sure that Meridian could still supply
one -- any ideas on where to look ?

Please reply to - any help would be appreciated

Thanks

David

JVC Dude October 22nd 04 11:46 AM

The display used is the same as the old Philips CD104 etc. I have had this
before. You can try to strip the plastic frontage off the display and
resolder the SM connections- (did this once) but its very tricky. any good
old service facility should have an old board somewhere to rob a display
off. I have 3 or 4 old machines for bits. (in UK)
Andrew

om...