DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   SONY TV MENU (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/74003-sony-tv-menu.html)

Angulos October 21st 04 02:38 AM

SONY TV MENU

Hi, I have a Sony KV19T20 TV that does not tune any channel above Ch. 12....The
remote that came with it does not have a "MENU" feature, therefore I'm unable
to program all the channels available in my area...Does any one know how to get
to the "set-up" on this set? or any other advice will be greatly appreciated.
TIA
Alphie

Andy Cuffe October 21st 04 07:05 AM

On 21 Oct 2004 01:38:45 GMT, (Angulos) wrote:

Hi, I have a Sony KV19T20 TV that does not tune any channel above Ch. 12....The
remote that came with it does not have a "MENU" feature, therefore I'm unable
to program all the channels available in my area...Does any one know how to get
to the "set-up" on this set? or any other advice will be greatly appreciated.
TIA
Alphie

It sounds like you have the generation of Sony which has all the setup
buttons on the remote, not in a menu. There are buttons for TV/CATV,
add/delete and auto program on the original remote. I haven't found a
universal which has these functions. It's worth buying a Sony
universal just in case it's new enough to have the on screen menus for
setup, but if it's from about 1991 you're out of luck.
Andy Cuffe

Jacques Carrier October 21st 04 12:43 PM

Andy Cuffe wrote in message . ..
On 21 Oct 2004 01:38:45 GMT, (Angulos) wrote:

Hi, I have a Sony KV19T20 TV that does not tune any channel above Ch. 12....The
remote that came with it does not have a "MENU" feature, therefore I'm unable
to program all the channels available in my area...Does any one know how to get
to the "set-up" on this set? or any other advice will be greatly appreciated.
TIA
Alphie

It sounds like you have the generation of Sony which has all the setup
buttons on the remote, not in a menu. There are buttons for TV/CATV,
add/delete and auto program on the original remote. I haven't found a
universal which has these functions. It's worth buying a Sony
universal just in case it's new enough to have the on screen menus for
setup, but if it's from about 1991 you're out of luck.
Andy Cuffe

Use your VCR to tune in all channels.You don't need to buy a remote :)

Jacques Carrier