njkenworthy

Default WANTED: HP 8505A CRT

The clue is in the header.
Anyone got a GOOD crt for an HP 8505A Network Analyser. At a push I`ll buy a
physically and electricaly similar unit if the pin outs are known. The crt
is nominally 5.5" wide by 4.5" tall by 17" deep and is queer in that the
graticule is 12 x 10, not the usual 10 x 8 and also has circular markings

Nick

Rudolf Zeitschek

njkenworthy schrieb:
The clue is in the header.
Anyone got a GOOD crt for an HP 8505A Network Analyser. At a push I`ll buy a
physically and electricaly similar unit if the pin outs are known. The crt
is nominally 5.5" wide by 4.5" tall by 17" deep and is queer in that the
graticule is 12 x 10, not the usual 10 x 8 and also has circular markings

Find the HP part number (in the manual or on the old tube) to exactly
specify what You need.
Then go to Google and search for "HP parts" There are dealers, who
still sell replacement parts for astonishingly old instruments from
makers like HP (and tektronix, by the way).
Greetings R.Zeitschek

technobug

I believe the graticule detaches from the CRT.

In the past I got a bit more life out of a weak CRT by boosting the
filament voltage with a transformer.

Chuck Harris

technobug wrote:
I believe the graticule detaches from the CRT.

No, the graticule is on the same plane as the phosphor.

-Chuck

In the past I got a bit more life out of a weak CRT by boosting the
filament voltage with a transformer.

TV SAW filters wanted [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 June 11th 04 02:24 AM
Dytronics 312 Manual Wanted Mark Buckles/Harlan Labs Electronics Repair 0 June 10th 04 11:12 PM
Wanted jake fry Woodworking 2 May 13th 04 05:10 PM
Finishing Drawer Insides? Thoughts wanted... Jennnk Woodworking 11 October 22nd 03 05:24 PM