Hephaestus

Default quasar TV "hourglass" distortion

I recently found a 40" Quasar TV in the trash (yes, I realize I'm a
lucky *******).

After fixing the on-off switch, which was broken (why don't people
check switches and fuses first? They seem to be the most commonly
broken electronics components, by far ...), it is "mostly" working.

The last minor flaw is that while the width is perfect in the middle,
the top
and bottom are stretched horizontally, leaving about an inch or so at
the left and right outside of the viewing area. Most of the time it
isn't noticeable, but when an image with vertical lines near the edges
of the image is displayed (for example, a jail cell) it is very
obvious that the image is distorted from a rectangle to an hourglass
shape. The satellite TV menu (due to its gridlike
nature) is also quite noticeably distorted.

Anyone know the cause and/or fix?

-Tim

arfster

hey i have the same problem w/a sony KV XBR10, im not exactly sure what a
chassis is but would i be able to fix it myself? thanks...