Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
JURB6006

Default Coolant leaks, a tip and a question

Hi;

A quick tip: When refilling the coolant chanber, right when it's almost full,
stop and push the bellows. Do not let the weight of the coolant fill the
bellows, instead, make sure the bellows is deflated when you seal the chamber.
On newer NAPs (i.e.), you need something to poke through the air bleed, but it
MUST not be sharp. Others you can push in with your finger. Realize why the
bellows is there and don't defeat it's purpose by inflating it with the weight
of the coolant.

Now the question: Coolant leaks seem to be more common these days. What methods
do "y'all" use to clean the PCBs ? I've used acetone with a stiff paintbrush,
alcohol, water and then heat. This seems to be the best method I've tried
lately. On stubborn cases sometime I have to repeat, and sometime remove
non-SMD ICs. I have been known to flush it with water.

Thanks for reading and any input is appreciated.

JURB