DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sony KV27EXR20 Sound no picture (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/72303-sony-kv27exr20-sound-no-picture.html)

Barry Minchey October 7th 04 12:30 AM

Sony KV27EXR20 Sound no picture

I have a Sony KV27EXR20 and am experiencing sound without picture.
Picture was briefly intermittent then went blank. I had replaced IC651
STRS6301 and other caps on the G-board about 2 years ago. Is this the
likely failure? Your help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Barry

Barry Minchey October 8th 04 02:15 AM

More info. On power up I get the degauss. Even though the picture is
dark. I can feel static on the screen and when I shut down it
collapses to a visible vertical white line and fades away. One email
response said the CRT is gone. Opinions appreciated.

Barry