DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   JVC AV-27920 horizontal sync loss problem (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/72152-jvc-av-27920-horizontal-sync-loss-problem.html)

Greg Delgado October 5th 04 05:14 PM

JVC AV-27920 horizontal sync loss problem

Hi all. I'm repairing a set where the picture is torn apart sideways
but doesn't roll vertically and has normal sound on all channels.
Anyone encountered this before?

Since the sound is ok , can I conclude that the tuner is ok?

Would appreciate any tips on how to diagnose this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Greg

Jerry G. October 6th 04 04:09 PM

You will have to have a way to trace out the path of the horizontal sync
pulses to the scan generator IC. Also to check for proper AFC feedback
from the flyback circuit. You will need a scope to do this. There are
many components involved in this area, and servicing this for the
inexperienced tech would be difficult. These types of faults can be
complex to service. For this type of fault, the tech may require the
service manual, unless he is very familiar with the design of the set.

--

Jerry G.
======

om...