DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   mist maker (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/72136-mist-maker.html)

Pete Cross October 5th 04 03:35 PM

mist maker

Our shops are currently full of halloween stuff, amongst which is a plastic
cauldron of cold water that has mist cascading out of it, they cost £35+
without the cauldron. Anyone got a schematic for one ? from what I can find
so far, they have a small ceramic disk which vibrates ultrasonically and
creates the mist. I am considering a piezo sounder fed with 40KHz @ 9volts
say, with the disk just below the water surface ? what do you reckon ?

--
Pete Cross

H. R. Bob Hofmann October 6th 04 03:28 AM

"Pete Cross" 1@2 wrote in message ...
Our shops are currently full of halloween stuff, amongst which is a plastic
cauldron of cold water that has mist cascading out of it, they cost £35+
without the cauldron. Anyone got a schematic for one ? from what I can find
so far, they have a small ceramic disk which vibrates ultrasonically and
creates the mist. I am considering a piezo sounder fed with 40KHz @ 9volts
say, with the disk just below the water surface ? what do you reckon ?

Sounds to me like an ordinary Ultrasonic Humidifier here in the USA.
Cost $30 - $40 USD , then feed the output to your Halloween setup.

H. R. (Bob) Hofmann