DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   prima 20"t.v-model #-xt20a9 (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/71902-prima-20%22t-v-model-xt20a9.html)

zak October 3rd 04 06:00 PM

prima 20"t.v-model #-xt20a9

the t.v works fine,i cannot get the volume to work,it gets really loud
or too quiet,it is the same if i use the remote or work it on the
t.v,we did have a power outage ,but previous outages have not affected
it,any thoughts on a fix,thanks in advance,paul

Jason D. October 4th 04 04:23 AM

On 3 Oct 2004 10:00:14 -0700, (zak) wrote:

the t.v works fine,i cannot get the volume to work,it gets really loud
or too quiet,it is the same if i use the remote or work it on the
t.v,we did have a power outage ,but previous outages have not affected
it,any thoughts on a fix,thanks in advance,paul

I'm very unhappy with Prima tv's, I had two go through our shop and I
couldn't get it fixed and getting schematic is impossible. This is
throw-away tv. You should had gotten JVC 20" or RCA or decent brand,
even Citizen.

That two prima 20" I think same models as yours, except had same
problem in a row, leave video input off, use tuner, picture is
scrambled. Plug the video input without selecting the input displays
good picture on that video input even it is in tuner on any channels,
transistors, IC, etc are tested.

That leaves programming issues and don't have that info for that.

Sorry, if it is under warranty, get refund or exchange for another
brand all but Prima junk!

Cheers,

Wizard