DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Toshiba TV29C90 problem; Image fades to black... (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/70284-toshiba-tv29c90-problem%3B-image-fades-black.html)

Marc Bouchard September 24th 04 11:06 PM

Toshiba TV29C90 problem; Image fades to black...

Hi everybody,

my tv fades to black (and back to the image then black forever)... Anyone
has seen this? Anyone with a service manual for this model? Doing a search
on the net only comes up with remotes for sale...

Thanks!

Marc

Jerry G. September 25th 04 12:57 AM

The fault is in the CRT bias circuits, or screen supply, or the CRT itself.
You should get the set properly checked out by a trained TV service tech.
The fault is not in the service menu.

--

Jerry G.
==========================

.. .

Tom MacIntyre September 25th 04 06:44 PM

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 18:06:55 -0400, "Marc Bouchard"
wrote:

Hi everybody,

my tv fades to black (and back to the image then black forever)... Anyone
has seen this? Anyone with a service manual for this model? Doing a search
on the net only comes up with remotes for sale...

Thanks!

Marc

Fade to black is almost always a heater problem, bad solder. Don't go
inside if you don't know what to look for. It isn't rocket science,
but it requires a particular skillset and knowledgebase.

Tom