Robbie McFerren

Default RCA CTC135A/B (I think this is the chasis number I don't have model number) Color is screwed up.

When the signal is in black and white, the color is right except for
the upper right corner. When I use my VCR to inject a blue raster,
the picture in the lower left half of the screen is blue, the rest
(except far upper right) is green. I think this is convergence, but I
don't know where the convergence magnets are. Is it convergence? If
so where are the magnets? If not, what do I need to adjust?
john

Sounds like purity...Change the Thermistor .

kip

Robbie McFerren

Themistor, if it is purity then isn't it magnets?
john

Did the magnets move by themselves, change the Thermistor.
kip

H. R. Bob Hofmann

"john" wrote in message ...
Did the magnets move by themselves, change the Thermistor.
kip

The poster is obviously a novice, be kind! Weren't you ever a beginner?

H. R. (Bob) Hofmann
Art

Repair the degauss circuit first. If you have not played with the magnetic
rings around the base of the yoke this should take care of the symptom.
If the tube is a bonded yoke design, witch a lot of Thomson products do
use, you will be unable to adjust anything regarding purity or convergence
on the set. Bonded yoke sets have he magnetic rings glued at the factory and
can not be realigned without major pain involved.
Make absolutely there is no magnetic sources near the television including
external speakers, electric motors, etc that can influence the purity. The
thermistor should look like a small silver or black disk with two leads
soldered to it's sides. Over time the leads can fall off or the thermistor
just simply fail. Follow all the safety related requirements before going
into the set, including making absolutely sure it is unplugged before
removing the back panel.
"H. R. Bob Hofmann" wrote in message
om...
"john" wrote in message
Did the magnets move by themselves, change the Thermistor.
kip

The poster is obviously a novice, be kind! Weren't you ever a beginner?

H. R. (Bob) Hofmann

john

Bob go have a coffee

Robbie McFerren

Yes, The TV makes the degauss sound. The set was just given to me and it happened.