DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Kenmore Eliter dryer electronic control board repair (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/70206-kenmore-eliter-dryer-electronic-control-board-repair.html)

Roy and Rosa September 20th 04 03:26 AM

Kenmore Eliter dryer electronic control board repair

Has anyone diagnosed the problem with the ETC on a kenmore dryer? (dryer
runs when start button is pressed but stops when button is released) I'm on
my third board in 3 years. I would like to repair the board. Have checked
all items on component side of board but not on surface mount side.
Thanks Roy

---

Roy and Rosa September 22nd 04 05:10 AM

I repaired the board. I have 2 bad ones to work on.
This post is the only one I found on the net about repairing this board. I
am surprised since there are plenty of posts about this board causing
problems.
Here is what I found wrong......for the next guy who has this problem.

board 1:
all zener diodes, D2-D7 were shorted. replaced (1N4738A 8.2v zener)
C2 had high ESR. replaced 220/63v

board 2:
Zener diodes, D2-D6 were shorted. replaced (1N4738A 8.2v zener)
D7 was open. replaced (1N4738A 8.2v zener)
C2 swollen and leaking. replaced 220/63v
C25 swollen and leaking replaced 333/63v
R2 burnt open. replaced 4.7k 1/2 watt
Q2 shorted. MPSA56 replaced with NTE159

Hope this helps. Roy

Sammy October 19th 04 06:51 PM

I am also looking to repair that circuit card. I am looking for a
parts list...R2 is blown completely off the board (the large resistor
under C25). Could anyone look at their board and tell me what the
value of that resistor is?
Thanks!
Sammy