DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   bang & olufsen oaf (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/70185-bang-olufsen-oaf.html)

jds September 19th 04 04:15 AM

bang & olufsen oaf

I have a Beosystem 2500, radio, CD and tape player combo. Today I
lightly dusted the head with a very soft brush. Also ran a TDK dry
headcleaner tape through. Now, when I put in a tape, it engages and
the immediately disengages. I can still fast forward and reverse. Any
thoughts (other than I shouldn't have dusted anything!)? Thanks.

Sam Goldwasser September 19th 04 01:12 PM

(jds) writes:

I have a Beosystem 2500, radio, CD and tape player combo. Today I
lightly dusted the head with a very soft brush. Also ran a TDK dry
headcleaner tape through. Now, when I put in a tape, it engages and
the immediately disengages. I can still fast forward and reverse. Any
thoughts (other than I shouldn't have dusted anything!)? Thanks.

Do you have the cover in place? Room light might confuse it.

Else, you must have done something else by accident.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror:
http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header is ignored.
To contact me, please use the feedback form on the S.E.R FAQ Web sites.

Mark D. Zacharias September 19th 04 02:24 PM

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message
(jds) writes:

I have a Beosystem 2500, radio, CD and tape player combo. Today I
lightly dusted the head with a very soft brush. Also ran a TDK dry
headcleaner tape through. Now, when I put in a tape, it engages and
the immediately disengages. I can still fast forward and reverse. Any
thoughts (other than I shouldn't have dusted anything!)? Thanks.

Do you have the cover in place? Room light might confuse it.

Else, you must have done something else by accident.

Or just a coincidence. The piece is old enough just to have developed
another problem, and the B&O decks were hardly reliable after a certain age.
Belt, motor, idler, lubrication, the usual.

Mark Z.