DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sony KV-20TS30 Television Problem (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/70150-re-sony-kv-20ts30-television-problem.html)

Art September 17th 04 12:46 AM

Sony KV-20TS30 Television Problem

Probably defective caps in the vertical circuit, maybe even a problem with
the vertical output ic. ESR or sub the caps in that circuit.
"JAG" wrote in message
The tv has a foldover at top of the screen. I need to find a copy of the
schematic from somewhere, or is anyone familiar with this problem in this
particular model?
Thanks.
Jack

Jerry G. September 17th 04 01:00 AM

Do an ESR check on all the caps in the vertical output circuit. Replace
all the high ESR caps, or simply change all the caps in the vertical
circuit. It is also possible that other components are damaged, but this
will not be able to be determined without the proper troubleshooting of
this area.

If you are not equipped, and or used to doing TV service, I would
suggest you give the set over to a service centre to have this type of
work done.

--

Jerry G.
======