Leonard Caillouet

Not all Mitsubishi televisions have the same PIP circuits. Some can be
easily bypassed and some not. Some have the capacitor problems, some not.
Post the model of your set and the symptoms and someone will likely be able
to give you useful advice.

Leonard

"mr. bonez" wrote in message
I read about the PIP board and have heard a couple different things. I
am interested in this post at the end of the thread here from two years
ago. If I am reading it correctly I can get rid of the stupid pip board
by removing it and soldering a single cap to the mainboard. I don't know
why I haven't seen more posts stating this and wanted to make sure it
was correct. Also does anyone have anything else to share with me before
I attempt this operation on my television circuit board?

################################################## #####################
#
These are the caps that are known to go bad (some will go bad before
others). They are all surface mount types & they a
C7001, 7003, 7011, 7014, 7015, 7016, 7020, 7021, 7023, 7026 & 7036. You
can usually see where the bad ones are because they will be leaking.
Make sure to clean up the leakage because sometimes it will eat away
the trace under the cap (which is known to happen under C7001). These
surface mount caps can be tricky to remove & if you're not careful you
can pull up a trace & break it.
If you (or your customer) don't use the PIP feature then you can bypass
it by removing the PIP module & soldering a 47mfd 50v bi-polar
electrolytic cap between pins 5 & 11 of the VP male connector on the
main PCB (I usually remove the VP male connector & then install the cap
in holes 5 & 11). Do not just push the leads of the cap into the holes
of the VP connecter because it won't hold up long term.
Mark
#
################################################## ########################

James Sweet

"Eugen T" wrote in message
.. .
You should first fix your computer's date and time - you posted almost a
year ahead.
*plonk*

So what? It's easy enough for that to get screwed up, I had a motherboard
for a while that would set the time to some random value every time I booted
the thing up, even the little utilities that set it for you occasionally
mess it up.

Eugen T

Well, then you should've replaced the battery on that mobo.

"James Sweet" wrote in message
newsLO1d.3129$bj2.698@trnddc08...

"Eugen T" wrote in message
.. .
You should first fix your computer's date and time - you posted almost a
year ahead.
*plonk*

So what? It's easy enough for that to get screwed up, I had a motherboard
for a while that would set the time to some random value every time I

booted
the thing up, even the little utilities that set it for you occasionally
mess it up.

James Sweet

"Eugen T" wrote in message
news
Well, then you should've replaced the battery on that mobo.

Wasn't the battery, it had a recent one and saved everything else fine, it
just had a bad clock chip.

James Sweet

"Eugen T" wrote in message
news
Well, then you should've replaced the battery on that mobo.

Wasn't the battery, it had a recent one and saved everything else fine, it
just had a bad clock chip.

mr. bonez

the model of the tv is CS-27303. the mod I was reading I thougt said
that if i did mod it i would not need to use the pnp board.