Old June 11th 21, 11:35 AM posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,comp.mobile.android

Default Overcharging the battery

In comp.mobile.android, on Thu, 10 Jun 2021 13:34:16 -0700, AJL
wrote:

On 6/10/2021 10:04 AM, Mike Coon wrote:

In article , NONONOmisc07
@fmguy.com says...

How come my Sandisk Clip Sport says one cannot ovrcharge the
battery, but none of my smartphones have ever said that?

Conversely my smartphone (Moto G3) instructions specifically did say
that. Wrongly, though: the battery bulged and burst the screen out
of the casing.

Might not have been the charging that was at fault. I had a phone's
battery swell and pop open the case while off the charger and at less
than full charge. I just replaced the battery and the phone never had
another problem until I traded it for a new one well over a year later.
Bad batteries happen...

There are no bad batteries. Only batteries that do bad things.

Like children!

Old June 11th 21, 11:55 AM posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,comp.mobile.android

Am 10.06.21 um 22:34 schrieb AJL:
On 6/10/2021 10:04 AM, Mike Coon wrote:

In article , NONONOmisc07
@fmguy.com says...

How come my Sandisk Clip Sport says one cannot ovrcharge the
battery, but none of my smartphones have ever said that?

Conversely my smartphone (Moto G3) instructions specifically did say
that. Wrongly, though: the battery bulged and burst the screen out
of the casing.

Might not have been the charging that was at fault. I had a phone's
battery swell and pop open the case while off the charger and at less
than full charge. I just replaced the battery and the phone never had
another problem until I traded it for a new one well over a year later.
Bad batteries happen...

That sounds like an ultra cheap non-device-manufacturer-standard
replacement battery.
Old June 11th 21, 03:05 PM posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,comp.mobile.android

On 06/11/2021 04:55 AM, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
Am 10.06.21 um 22:34 schrieb AJL:
On 6/10/2021 10:04 AM, Mike Coon wrote:

In article , NONONOmisc07
@fmguy.com says...

How come my Sandisk Clip Sport says one cannot ovrcharge the
battery, but none of my smartphones have ever said that?

Conversely my smartphone (Moto G3) instructions specifically did say
that. Wrongly, though: the battery bulged and burst the screen out
of the casing.

Might not have been the charging that was at fault. I had a phone's
battery swell and pop open the case while off the charger and at less
than full charge. I just replaced the battery and the phone never had
another problem until I traded it for a new one well over a year later.
Bad batteries happen...

That sounds like an ultra cheap non-device-manufacturer-standard
replacement battery.

I've got a Novatel MiFi and their batteries are prone to pregnancy. They
tell you to not leave it plugged in but I use it for internet access 24/7.

One of our clients send in a laptop for testing with our products and
included the same model. It arrived without the back cover because of
the bulging.

Old June 11th 21, 03:12 PM posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,comp.mobile.android

Am 11.06.21 um 16:05 schrieb rbowman:
On 06/11/2021 04:55 AM, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
That sounds like an ultra cheap non-device-manufacturer-standard
replacement battery.

I've got a Novatel MiFi and their batteries are prone to pregnancy. They
tell you to not leave it plugged in but I use it for internet access 24/7.

One of our clients send in a laptop for testing with our products and
included the same model. It arrived without the back cover because of
the bulging.

People using such crap are irresponsible.
*EOD* for me.
Old June 11th 21, 04:50 PM posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,comp.mobile.android
AJL AJL is offline

On 6/11/2021 3:55 AM, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
Am 10.06.21 um 22:34 schrieb AJL:

I had a phone's battery swell and pop open the case while off the
charger and at less than full charge. I just replaced the battery
and the phone never had another problem until I traded it for a new
one well over a year later. Bad batteries happen...

That sounds like an ultra cheap non-device-manufacturer-standard
replacement battery.

It was the original battery that came in a new iPhone. The phone was
around a year old when the failure occurred. I replaced it with your
well described ultra cheap (US$30 including tools)
non-device-manufacturer-standard replacement battery. Fortunately that
battery worked fine for the following year+ until the phone was finally
replaced.

Overcharging the battery micky Home Repair 17 June 11th 21 04:50 PM
howdens overcharging legin UK diy 15 October 20th 16 08:44 PM
new hybrid batteries and overcharging john d hamilton Electronics Repair 30 October 15th 08 01:02 PM
Overcharging builders advice Duncan UK diy 20 October 4th 06 01:59 AM
Dewalt charger overcharging ?? Mike_in_SD Woodworking 5 July 2nd 06 03:49 AM