Old May 22nd 21, 11:08 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Source for 784 MHz crystals?

Phil Allison wrote:
Rob wrote:
Phil Allison wrote:
Peter ****** ****ing Asshole wrote:
** FFS they don't make one off specials for hobbiest ******s like the OP.

They are just across the river from me, and, in point-of-fact, they do make one-offs for amateurs and hobbyists,
albeit at a price.

** A price no amateur nor hobbyist would ever pay.

There still are companies that make crystals for a specified frequency
and although it has become much more expensive (probably because of
reduced demand) it still can be done.

However, I looked up a company where I have ordered before and it seems
that this particular frequency is a problem. They provide two ranges,
30-100 kHz and another starting at 800 kHz.

(these companies work with stock crystals that they etch towards the
requested frequency so you can only order frequencies for which they
have the suitable starting point)

** People here cannot *read posts* for the actual meaning !!!!!

FYI:

I posted my remark to the OP (John Crane) not the group.

There is no need to be that offensive, Phil.
This is usenet, threads have a tree structure where people reply to
replies and not direct to the original posting.

When you cannot handle that, you should not be here.

Old May 22nd 21, 12:43 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Rob wrote:
=========
[...]

** FFS did you *****ing* read the vile **** that was posted about me by the resident moronic assholes here ????

Are you totally BLIND !!!!!!

This is usenet, threads have a tree structure where people reply to
replies and not direct to the original posting.

** FYI I have posting on usenet for over 20 years - so I damn well know the rules.

My comment was to *one* person, hoping he would reply in order to explain himself.

Which he has not - as I expected.

When you cannot handle that,

** Get a grip on yourself pal.

....... Phil

Old May 22nd 21, 04:03 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

** FYI I have posting on usenet for over 20 years - so I damn well know the rules.

And you are eternally glad that you are hiding behind a keyboard - as you would never behave as you do around people.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Old May 22nd 21, 06:10 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Phil Allison wrote:
Rob wrote:
=========
[...]

Into the killfile you go (PLOINK as they say)...
Goodbye!
Old May 22nd 21, 07:53 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Phil Allison wrote:
Rob wrote:
There is no need to be that offensive, Phil.

This is usenet, threads have a tree structure where people reply to
replies and not direct to the original posting.

** FYI I have posting on usenet for over 20 years - so I damn
well know the rules.

If that is the case, then how can you not have learned that Usenet is a
"party line"?

My comment was to *one* person, hoping he would reply in order to
explain himself.

You cannot post to "*one* person" on Usenet. You can only post a
follow-up to an article, and that follow-up is *read by all* readers of
the group (i.e., a "party line") and can be further followed up by
anyone who wishes to do so.

To send something to "just one person" you have to use email.

How can you have been posting to Usenet for 20 years and not have
learned this fact?

Old May 22nd 21, 08:13 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

How can you have been posting to Usenet for 20 years and not have
learned this fact?

Phil has never been overly burdened by facts. They get in the way of its carefully managed world view.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Old May 23rd 21, 01:09 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Some ****wit wrote:
=======================
Rob wrote:
There is no need to be that offensive, Phil.

This is usenet, threads have a tree structure where people reply to
replies and not direct to the original posting.

** WRONG !!

One can reply to the OP over and over, ignoring all others.

** FYI I have posting on usenet for over 20 years - so I damn
well know the rules.

If that is the case,

** The case is that YOU don't.

My comment was to *one* person, hoping he would reply in order to
explain himself.

You cannot post to "*one* person" on Usenet.

** Yes you can, by directing a question or thought to them.
It's then up to them to reply.
Others have no ****ing idea what the OP is needing or thinking and ought not attempt to reply for them.

To send something to "just one person" you have to use email.

** True, but irrelevant.

How can you have been posting to Usenet for 20 years and not have
learned this fact?

** Cos is it simply not a fact.
Questioning and drawing out an OP is essential to providing useful answers to them.

FYI:

Only *complete fools* treat OP's questions as if they had appeared on some exam paper.

Only *complete ****wits* complain about others who get it right.

...... Phil

Old May 23rd 21, 02:01 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

When the Drongo from Down-Under is wrong, it spins like an Iranian centrifuge. Getting very little done but with much fuss and blather.

Altogether worthless.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Old May 23rd 21, 08:21 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Clifford Heath writes:

Put an Si5351 and an ATTiny on a little board and it'll probably be
smaller than your broken rock, and cost a fraction of the price.

SiT1576 would be even better, albeit in CSP package and need the
programming tool. But then it needs no additional MCU and needs only
around 15 uA for the 784 kHz.

--
mikko

Old May 23rd 21, 06:20 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 8:44:37 AM UTC-7, John Crane wrote:
On 5/19/21 10:12 PM, Phil Allison wrote:
John Crane wrote:
---------------------------
Does anyone know of a source for 784 MHz crystals?

** You mean kHz.

I'd like to try to 'accurize' the timer in the HP-45 calculator.

... I'm sure there has to be some company that can custom
manufacture crystals to specs. I did try Bomar, but have not received a
reply.

There's factory-programmable oscillators that use internal logic to create
custom frequencies, which has better cost and leadtime than custom crystals.

DigiKey will even program it for you...

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/epson/SG-8018CB-TJHSC/7784073