Pascal

Default Akai VCR repaira

Hi,

I have a Akai vcr (model vs-j701) that behaves strangly.

When I turn it on, the standby led blinks a few times, and then the
vcr shuts down , just like it doesnt get any power anymore.

Other times it just works perfect.
Then, when I pull the plug from the wall and plug it in again, the led
blinks a few times again, then power goes off.

When I repeat this (plug out, plug in) one time, it works, the other
time it doesnt.

Does anyone knows what this could be? I checked voltage at the standby
button, and its always 5,3 volts, wether the led blinks or not.

Thanks in advance,
Pascal