Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Troy-Bilt TB146 EC cultivator gas tank hoses

On Sunday, February 28, 2021 at 9:59:29 AM UTC-5, dan wrote in alt.home.repair:
On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 08:42:20 -0600, Snag wrote:
The hoses are a tight slip fit in the holes in the tank .

OK. Good. That's what I was hoping. The larger yellow hose coming out the
top of the carb is pulled out cleanly so am I to conclude it's the return?

The supply
line will usually have a filter on the inside end .

The smaller greenish blue is the one that broke at the tank edge so it's
currently blocking the hole (I can probably pick it out though).

Am I to assume that's the input fuel line to the carb?
I install them by
cutting the end of the hose at a long taper to get it started in the
hole , pull it in as far as needed with long nose pliers or a hemostat
then cut it off square and install the filter.

I hadn't thought of the filter. It must be still inside the tank.

I sometimes think back to when I was a kid fooling around gas tanks and hoses, etc. I remember a mesh. And I remember removing it. That must have been a filter. Damn. Geez.