Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

Default No longer in my ears

I have a pair of Bose Hearphones, cheaper than hearing aids.

I only use it at meetings (which I don't go to because of Corona) and to
watch Law & Order on TV (because all the other shows are loud enough but
it's not.)

The device consists of a yoke with the on/off button, two leds, a
charging jack, and the battery, and two earbuds.

Each earbud has 3 microphones, they say**, and when being put in my ears
they sometimes squeal, which the manual says is normal. Feedback, I
guess.

The question is, when both buds are no longer in my ears, the device
waits a while and turns off.

How does it know that the earbuds are no longer in my ears?

**And it can be set to amplify what's in front, what's in front and to
the sides, and sounds from all diretions, so it probably does have 3
mikes per ear.

As good as this might sound, there are one or two other competitors.
Before I bought this I googled but didn't find them. One will play the
last 10 seconds back again, and iirc will play the last 10 seconds at
reduced speed. I'd feel real bad that I didn't get that one, except I
probably wouldn't use those things, at least at a lecture. If I were in
the market, I'd look at the others before buying any of them.

Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

"micky" wrote in message
I have a pair of Bose Hearphones, cheaper than hearing aids.

I only use it at meetings (which I don't go to because of Corona) and to
watch Law & Order on TV (because all the other shows are loud enough but
it's not.)

The device consists of a yoke with the on/off button, two leds, a
charging jack, and the battery, and two earbuds.

Each earbud has 3 microphones, they say**, and when being put in my ears
they sometimes squeal, which the manual says is normal. Feedback, I
guess.

The question is, when both buds are no longer in my ears, the device
waits a while and turns off.

How does it know that the earbuds are no longer in my ears?

I was going to say because it can no longer
shine a light from ear bud to the other...

One obvious approach would
be temperature or capacitance.

**And it can be set to amplify what's in front, what's in front and to
the sides, and sounds from all diretions, so it probably does have 3
mikes per ear.

As good as this might sound, there are one or two other competitors.
Before I bought this I googled but didn't find them. One will play the
last 10 seconds back again, and iirc will play the last 10 seconds at
reduced speed. I'd feel real bad that I didn't get that one, except I
probably wouldn't use those things, at least at a lecture. If I were in
the market, I'd look at the others before buying any of them.

Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 6 Feb 2021 16:52:10 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

How does it know that the earbuds are no longer in my ears?

I was going to say because it can no longer
shine a light from ear bud to the other...

One obvious approach would
be temperature or capacitance.

IOW, you haven't the foggiest, but you will mouth off in your known
"all-knowing" manner anyway, you subnormal senile know-it-all!

--
"Who or What is Rod Speed?

man" on the InterNet."
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Friday, February 5, 2021 at 11:38:27 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
[...]

"News articles caution that there may be a link between Bluetooth wireless headphones like AirPods and cancer, but not all experts agree on the potential health health risks of wireless earbuds."

Infrared Headphones vs Bluetooth
Aspectcms.com
-- http://aspectcms.com/riverside-memor...uetooth-5873aa
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 2/6/21 5:42 PM, bruce bowser wrote:
"News articles caution that there may be a link between Bluetooth wireless headphones like AirPods and cancer, but not all experts agree on the potential health health risks of wireless earbuds."

Which has been bull**** since day one.

Remember, it was "news articles" that posted pictures of Hillary Cliton
with an alien.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

In sci.electronics.repair, on Sat, 6 Feb 2021 15:42:04 -0800 (PST),
bruce bowser wrote:

[...]

This is about one of the other companies, the one that replays.
https://www.hearingtracker.com/news/...ose-hearphones

And it turns out they don't make mine anymore ;-( but they'er still
for sale reconditioned, and much cheaper than I paid. Although the
battery has been cycled many times maybe.

"News articles caution that there may be a link between Bluetooth wireless headphones like AirPods and cancer, but not all experts agree on the potential health health risks of wireless earbuds."

And I hadn't even thought about it, but this does have bluetooth, and
even though i never use it, there's no way to turn it off.

Infrared Headphones vs Bluetooth
Aspectcms.com
-- http://aspectcms.com/riverside-memor...uetooth-5873aa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

In sci.electronics.repair, on Sat, 6 Feb 2021 22:07:06 -0600, Fox's
Mercantile wrote:

On 2/6/21 5:42 PM, bruce bowser wrote:
"News articles caution that there may be a link between Bluetooth wireless headphones like AirPods and cancer, but not all experts agree on the potential health health risks of wireless earbuds."

Which has been [baloney] since day one.

Well thank goodness for that.

Remember, it was "news articles" that posted pictures of Hillary Cliton
with an alien.

With a Martian or a Mexican?

Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 6 Feb 2021 07:16:40 -0800, Bob F
wrote:

On 2/6/2021 3:54 AM, Paulo wrote:
On 2/5/21 11:38 PM, micky wrote:
I have a pair of Bose Hearphones, cheaper than hearing aids.

I only use it at meetings (which I don't go to because of Corona) and to
watch Law & Order on TV (because all the other shows are loud enough but
it's not.)

The device consists of a yoke with the on/off button, two leds, a
charging jack, and the battery, and two earbuds.

Each earbud has 3 microphones, they say**, and when being put in my ears
they sometimes squeal, which the manual says is normal.* Feedback, I
guess.

The question is, when both buds are no longer in my ears, the device
waits a while and turns off.

How does it know that the earbuds are no longer in my ears?

Vacuum switch?

Heat sensor, or capacitive sensor like your phone uses to turn off the
screen when you hold it to your ear?

I almost never use the app that goes with it but I used it yesterday and
saw it has indicators that show which ears have the buds in them.

It only takes 2 or 3 seconds for it to know when I take one out or put
it back in!!