Brad

Default Funai OEM Part/s Nightmare

Hi,

It has been a long time since I had to order an OEM part for a
Funai/Symphonic TV. Normally, a generic replacement part is fine. In my
shop is a Symphonic TV WF2702 (mfg 2002) with a bad FBT ("flyback"
transformer). I have to get the original OEM part, and would you believe, I
was told by Funai customer service, "there is no telephone number to Funai's
parts department"!!!!!!!! The same person told me to send an email, which I
did, but I never got an answer. Another method, I was told, is to send a
fax. I can send a fax, but I can't receive a fax in order to get the FBT
price and part number. Note: I never had this problem with any of the other
brands I service.

A common question I get from all my customers, "what brand do you
recommend". I never recommend a brand, but I do tell them what brands to
avoid, and I explain why.

Brad

be sure there is no active key logger (spyware) in your PC.

NO SPAM

"Brad" wrote in message
[...]

I find quite a few places whose customer service sucks to say the least. I
had to e-mail one 3 times for a reply - the reply very vague.. The other, I
e-mailed 2 x with no reply, then called - got put into voice mail and told
them to call me back or e-mail me. I received neither. These sets are quite
simply becoming throw away. Even if you could repair them with skills, you
sure in hell can't with out the parts - if they don't want to supply them or
an answer regarding them. Service shops are ok, it's the JUNK we're being
expected to repair that isn't and the customer support we have to deal with.
In another few years, there won't be a need for service shops as we know
them.

NS

techforce

Flyback is Part No. LTF00CPP1011