Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default drop cord size

On Friday, December 25, 2020 at 4:07:49 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On 12/25/20 3:33 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote in alt.home.repair:

I am looking at some reels to hold some drop cords. At lowes they
specify a reel that has something new to me.

They list the reel holding 150 feet of 5.33 or 125 feet of 4.67 SJT
wire.

I know what SJT is , but do not know what the 5.33 and 4.67 refer to.

What would that relate to in the outside of the cord or the wire size ?

If diameter in milimeters or some other demension looks like the numbers
are backward.

It also lists 150 feet of 5 . Just what does that 5 stand for ?

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Unbranded-K...-Cord-Storage-
Reel-with-Stand/5000730131

I need to hold 100 feet of # 12/3 drop cord.

Been thinking of just getting one of the water hose reels as I know that
will hold the wire. I have one with 100 feet of water hose on that is
much larger in diameter than the drop cord.

Those numbers , 5.33 and 4.67, are typos. Someone entered them as a
numerics, not text. And did not proof read their work.

16 divided by 3 = 5.33, 14 divided by 3 = 4.67

This type of error seems to occur a lot in Lowes, Home Depot, and others
item listings.

I wonder if Lowes has changed these figures to something more accurate or not.