Old January 10th 21, 10:01 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Callins capacitor?

On Saturday, December 12, 2020 at 12:24:00 PM UTC-5, John Larkin wrote:

The old bakelite Black Beauty film (or maybe paper?) caps are highly
prized/priced because some people can hear the difference.

If I paid $25 for a 0.022 uF cap, I bet I could hear the difference.

I wonder how many of these sorts of things are Chinese fakes.

Black Beauties were oil filled paper capacitors. They were supposed to outlast regular paper caps. Many went bad on the shelf.