Robert McPherson

Default Phillips Magnavox 60" PTV Model #: 60P8341 Chassis #:

Hello:

I have a Phillips Magnavox 60" PTV Model #: 60P8341 Chassis #:
PTV915 in my shop that runs perfectly for about 30 minutes than shuts
down. When it shuts down, the front panel LED blinks 2 times then
off, 2 times then off, etc.

When I enter the service menu, I find that error code 30 has been
stored.
According to my Philips data, error code 30 is a "CSP i2c error"

I previously was getting error codes 7 "BC loop not stabilized", 33
"CSP dac i2c error", and 2 "Vertical protection". After resoldering
some connections on the main board, changing a zener diode and
electrolytic cap on the SSB board, and resetting the value of "Option
Byte 2" (Which I found to have a value of 12 instead of the Philips
data specified value of 181 or 183), I no longer get error codes 7,
33, and 2. I only get error code 30.

What is a "CSP i2c error" (Error code 30) and what might cause it?

Also, what can you tell me about error codes 7, 33, and 2?

What is the purpose of "Option Byte 2" and why would it's value have
been 12 instead of the normal 181 or 183?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Robert McPherson
McPherson Electronics
Louisville, KY

Jerry G.

A Very General Explanation:

This is usually some type of communications error between a uPC, and or
EPROM to a peripheral device. I cannot remember what the acronyms in this
CSP i2c stand for.

Maybe the tuner, or some type of controller, or some other device is loosing
communications for some reason. You would have to have a way to monitor the
data busses and distribution in the set to know what is failing. I am sure
that the manufacture must have some type of diagnostics for this.

--

Jerry G.

om...