Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default How to wire a stand alone ATMEGA328 chip

I have been able to boot load an TMEGA 328 arduino chip which works well on an arduino UNO board (Blink sketch on pin 13). My problem is, I tried several times to wire the 238 ic on a breadboard but does not work. I have followed all circuits connection on the Net to no avail (I tried the blink sketch on pin 19 of the ic). in fact i used the 5 volts port and ground port on the UNO board to power the breadboard. I just saw a circuit on the Net where pins 20 and 21 of the ATMEGA 328 ic were connected together. I want to Know if it is safe to do that to get the ic working will also be happy if someone can direct me to a site on the Net Thanks in advance
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Saturday, October 3, 2020 at 1:02:06 AM UTC+1, wrote:
I have been able to boot load an TMEGA 328 arduino chip which works well on an arduino UNO board (Blink sketch on pin 13). My problem is, I tried several times to wire the 238 ic on a breadboard but does not work. I have followed all circuits connection on the Net to no avail (I tried the blink sketch on pin 19 of the ic). in fact i used the 5 volts port and ground port on the UNO board to power the breadboard. I just saw a circuit on the Net where pins 20 and 21 of the ATMEGA 328 ic were connected together. I want to Know if it is safe to do that to get the ic working will also be happy if someone can direct me to a site on the Net Thanks in advance

should also add that a 10K ohm resistor was connected to Pin 1, two 22pf capacitors were also connected to pins 9 and 10 and other end grounded, 16MHz crystal was also connected between pins 9 and 10. appropriate pins connected to power.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 10/2/2020 7:42 PM, cliford abakah wrote:
[...]

Have you never looked at the Arduino forum: https://forum.arduino.cc/

Paul