Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default cnet 5614XE external fax modem need info

I've had this for a long time, but haven't used it for 5 years. Somehow
the ac adapter and whatever literature there was have disappeared. Can
anybody tell me the DC voltage and current specs?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In Tom Kupp writes:

I've had this for a long time, but haven't used it for 5 years. Somehow
the ac adapter and whatever literature there was have disappeared. Can
anybody tell me the DC voltage and current specs?

There's a realistic chance that if you get out
a magnifying glass and hold the unit at an angle
to the light, that you'll see, in teensy raised
print, the numbers you're looking for.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 9/22/20 9:22 AM, Tom Kupp wrote:

No joy, just says POWER.

Look inside and and follow the power from the connector.
First, the center pin should go to the supply bits, not to ground.
That shows the center pin is + or -.

Then see what they're using for a regulator. The input will have
to be more than that.

Does it have a bridge rectifier? If so the supply was probably AC,
but you can use a DC supply with it.

Lastly, first try a +5 v supply, if that doesn't work, then try a
+12 v supply.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

https://www.cnet.com/products/cn5614xr-fax-modem/

The internet is your friend. You might also try contacting CNet.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

https://cbsi.secure.force.com/CBSi/k...ferer=cnet.com

Submit a question. Can't hurt, might help. Otherwise, back into what is needed as others have advised.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 09/21/20 11:19, wrote:
https://www.cnet.com/products/cn5614xr-fax-modem/

The internet is your friend. You might also try contacting CNet.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Been there. Not the same model, and no DC voltage spec anyway. I have
not found a way to contact CNET. All I get are recordings having to do
with news; nothing about products. I think they left that business some
time ago.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 09/23/20 13:11, wrote:
https://cbsi.secure.force.com/CBSi/k...ferer=cnet.com

Submit a question. Can't hurt, might help. Otherwise, back into what is needed as others have advised.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Thanks; I have submitted a question.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 09/27/20 11:38, Tom Kupp wrote:
On 09/23/20 13:11, wrote:
https://cbsi.secure.force.com/CBSi/k...ferer=cnet.com

Submit a question. Can't hurt, might help. Otherwise, back into what
is needed as others have advised.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Thanks; I have submitted a question.

Here is the reply:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us and sorry for reply you so late.

Please be informed CNet 5614XE this product has been phased out for a
long time, and we didn't find its spec information in our database, so
we are sorry that we can't help you on this issue.

Again, we are sorry for the inconvenience made and please don't hesitate
to contact us if any other questions. Thank you.

Best regards,

CNet support