DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sony EV-C3E video 8 recorder longplay problem (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/67521-sony-ev-c3e-video-8-recorder-longplay-problem.html)

Ray September 1st 04 03:46 PM

Sony EV-C3E video 8 recorder longplay problem

My Sony EV-C3E video 8 recorder switches automaticaly to
LP-mode (longplay), even with cassets recorded on SP. When I stop
playing, I can switch between SP and LP, but after pressing 'play' the
recorder automaticaly switches to LP.
Does anyone know what can cause this problem and, more important, how
I can solve it?

Ray

b September 1st 04 11:25 PM

(Ray) wrote in message . com...
My Sony EV-C3E video 8 recorder switches automaticaly to
LP-mode (longplay), even with cassets recorded on SP.

a couple of things to check:
-clean A/C head.
-check tape does not have damage along edge: ie. crinkled, burred, lined.
-try playback on your deck with tapes recorded on other machines
-record a tape on your machine in sp and in lp mode -does it play Ok on other decks?

good luck, Ben

harrimansat May 9th 05 10:18 AM

Replace all ectrolitic capacitors smd in head amplifier board. I will solve
del problem.

Video 8 donīt have ac head, only drum heads.

Mucha suerte!