DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   garage door opener (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/66545-garage-door-opener.html)

MJH August 25th 04 02:17 AM

garage door opener

I had a garage door opener stop working (Overhood Door model 1055)...opening
the box to inspect and hitting the switch occasionally causes a clicking
noise, which I think is coming from the "Motor Starting Capacitor" ...could
this be the problem? It this like a selenoid or something?

Rheilly Phoull August 25th 04 10:01 AM

"MJH" wrote in message
I had a garage door opener stop working (Overhood Door model

1055)...opening
the box to inspect and hitting the switch occasionally causes a clicking
noise, which I think is coming from the "Motor Starting Capacitor"

....could
this be the problem? It this like a selenoid or something?

Nah !! It's just a capacitor, I doubt if there would be any solenoids in
there. More likely you may be thinking of relays ?
A very high chance there is one of those. Also likely there are bad solder
joints on the cicuit board.

--
Regards ........... Rheilly Phoull