DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Yamaha A-500 (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/66065-yamaha-500-a.html)

Kahlua53 August 21st 04 08:00 PM

Yamaha A-500

Hello Everyone

What I have here is the amp and tuner system. It was being thrown out
(found out in the rain). I would like to know what the rating of the AMP is.
I tried to find the in formation on the internet and came up with nothing.

Thank you,
Jeff

Remove NoSpam to reply, Thanks

Tim Perry August 21st 04 09:57 PM

"Kahlua53" wrote in message
Hello Everyone

What I have here is the amp and tuner system. It was being thrown out
(found out in the rain). I would like to know what the rating of the AMP

is.
I tried to find the in formation on the internet and came up with nothing.

Thank you,
Jeff

Remove NoSpam to reply, Thanks

if, as one source indicates, the DC "rails" are +/- 55 volts you can
estimate the max possable power:
110V peak to peak is 55 volts peak
devide by sq rt 2 = 38.5 Vrms

P= E squared / R where R is a nominal 8 ohms

i make it 185 Watts rms per ch into 8 ohms. realisticly it will be less then
that.

Franc Zabkar August 21st 04 10:04 PM

On 21 Aug 2004 19:00:24 GMT, (Kahlua53) put
finger to keyboard and composed:

What I have here is the amp and tuner system. It was being thrown out
(found out in the rain). I would like to know what the rating of the AMP is.

Is it a DSP-A500? If so, then this manual may have the specs:
http://www2.yamaha.co.jp/manual/pdf/...m/DSP-A500.pdf

- Franc Zabkar

Kahlua53 August 21st 04 10:34 PM

Remove NoSpam to reply, Thanks

Kahlua53 August 21st 04 10:43 PM

Is it a DSP-A500?

No. This unit is from the 80's I believe.
It just reads Yamaha model # A-500.

I guess I will just take it apart and look up the specs on the parts.
Remove NoSpam to reply, Thanks