Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Rusty

Default RCA Clock radio wierd problem - Help!

I recently bought the RCA RP3710A Alarm Clock radio. The problem with
it is that it randomly gains time. Never loses time. What I mean is
that it might run fine for 15 hours with the time right on to the
second and then boom, it gains a random amount of time. It might only
be 1 hour or 24+ hours before it happens. Today it kept the right time
for about 6 hours and then it gained 4 minutes. Then for the next 8
hours it kept that 4 minute difference and checking it just now, it
gained another 2 minutes.

This is NOT an isolated incident. This is a brand new unit. In fact it
is the EIGHTH unit with this problem. I have two of them(both brand
new) set up next to each other and BOTH are doing the same thing. The
others had the problem with most with worst time problems. The first 5
were from Walmart. Well, they don't carry it anymore. The next 3 were
from Sears and now they are out of them. I didn't buy them all at the
same time. I just kept exchanging them. It was about the 4th or 5th
one before I started tracking the date codes and have had a wide
variety of codes.

Any ideas on a fix?