Old May 24th 20, 02:48 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Motion Detector senstitivty

Ever since the quake a few years ago the motion detector switch by my front
hall has been too sensitive, causing me to use it manually.

I opened it to look for a sensitivty adjuser, no luck.

Am considering putting masking tape over the sensor to make it less
sensitive. Or to put a box around it (ie, wall it offon sides).

Other Ideas?

Maybe the quake caused a crack in my wall I can't see. I was squating when
the quake hit and fell on my face. Yes, in outer NYC. I have two other such
switches of the same make and age, no problem.

- = -
Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus
blog: panix.com/~vjp2/ruminatn.htm - = - web: panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm
facebook.com/vasjpan2 - linkedin.com/in/vasjpan02 - biostrategist.com

Old May 24th 20, 03:09 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sunday, May 24, 2020 at 8:48:53 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Ever since the quake a few years ago the motion detector switch by my front
hall has been too sensitive, causing me to use it manually.

I opened it to look for a sensitivty adjuser, no luck.

Am considering putting masking tape over the sensor to make it less
sensitive. Or to put a box around it (ie, wall it offon sides).

Other Ideas?

Maybe the quake caused a crack in my wall I can't see. I was squatting when
the quake hit and fell on my face. Yes, in outer NYC. I have two other such
switches of the same make and age, no problem.

The quake may have changed the aim, and the focal point Try adusting its aim. Mine are least sensitive, dead center, since they detect a differential in temperatures. I had to aim one at a wall, to use it in a long hallway.
Old May 25th 20, 01:09 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

I tried the masking tape and for a minute. I thought it worked then it just
slept on me. I played with the sliding on-auto-off switch and indeed it may
be the auto contact isn't working. Yeah, if we survive covid/lockdown,
replace switch. At least it works as manual.

QUake was 2011, sorry

- = -