Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default HP Laserjet 3800n paper feeding problems

Good morning

When I print a page my HP Laserjet 3800n often picks two or more paper
sheets from the tray. I have been googling for this problem but I could
not find the magic words to get a valid result.

I suppose it is a cleaning problem, but I prefer asking before dismounting.

Thank you in advance.

--
Saludos
Miguel Giménez
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 26/03/2020 12:56, Miguel Giménez wrote:
Good morning

When I print a page my HP Laserjet 3800n often picks two or more paper
sheets from the tray. I have been googling for this problem but I could
not find the magic words to get a valid result.

I suppose it is a cleaning problem, but I prefer asking before dismounting.

Thank you in advance.

One simple activity. With each sheaf of paper , before adding to the
hopper, bend and flick the leading edge of the sheaf along its length to
reduce the "stiction".

--
Monthly public talks on science topics, Hampshire , England
http://diverse.4mg.com/scicaf.htm
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Miguel Giménez wrote:
Good morning

When I print a page my HP Laserjet 3800n often picks two or more paper
sheets from the tray. I have been googling for this problem but I could
not find the magic words to get a valid result.

I suppose it is a cleaning problem, but I prefer asking before dismounting.

Thank you in advance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pCGj1NcNq0

I just did paper feed repair on CP1518, easy enough if you can get
replacement parts.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Thank you all for the replies.

I had the service manual; my problem is described in the jams part and
it recommends N_Cook's solution. I will try it as soon as police allows
me to go out and buy paper.

The paper separation pad looks worn, it looks like someone used sand
paper with it. I will look for a replacement in my company's retired
printers or a new one.

--
Saludos
Miguel Giménez

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

My laser printer is in the basement. I have to store my unused paper in a heated part of the house or it may jam. It's OK, if it's in the printer.

There is a "curl" to the paper and the printer feeds better one way. So, flip and rotate sometimes helps.

Humidity affects paper.

You have pick-up and separation.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, March 26, 2020 at 8:58:59 AM UTC-4, Miguel Giménez wrote:
Good morning

When I print a page my HP Laserjet 3800n often picks two or more paper
sheets from the tray. I have been googling for this problem but I could
not find the magic words to get a valid result.

I suppose it is a cleaning problem, but I prefer asking before dismounting.

Thank you in advance.

--
Saludos
Miguel Giménez

how many sheets usage is on the pickup rollers? If over40K, good idea to replace them.
HP makes maintenance kits for refirbing the units. Read the service manual and see what are recommended maintenance items in the paper feed mechanism..
Oh, and ALWAYS keep the paper reams in a low humidity place and 'fan' the pages from both sides and top+bottom before the paper is placed in the tray.
good luck

HP LaserJet 4000 paper feed issues again. David Farber Electronics Repair 9 December 21st 14 02:51 AM
HP Laserjet 4000 paper jam and other issues. David Farber Electronics Repair 4 February 9th 14 02:07 AM
Old LaserJet 5 with paper jam Lobster UK diy 62 November 7th 09 01:02 PM
HP Laserjet 4 Image problems with large black areas AlanH Electronics Repair 4 September 1st 05 11:36 AM
LaserJet III Paper Jams Shawn D'Alimonte Electronics Repair 6 January 8th 05 10:10 AM