Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default I want to improve my front door lock

I have a Master Lock Key Safe mounted to the house. It's in the back yard. There is a LED flashlight that uses a CR2032 battery nearby.
It's mounted to bricks with an anchor that requires a nut. They have very little room in them. I store 3 keys, labeled by engraving, in a tiny zip lock bag.

911 has access to the combination.

The fire department here wants you to use a Knox box. You might see these brown boxes on some businesses. You buy the box and mount it and the fire department installs a key cylinder. They have some sort of "controlled access" to the key.

There is a bluetooth enabled lock box for the Real Estate Industry.

I would like an access control system for caregivers.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

It would take about 45 seconds with this little device:

https://images.homedepot-static.com/...0b-64_1000.jpg

And make almost no noise. That key-safe would be toast. I saw one used yesterday on a 2" high-pressure steam main (the steam was off, of course). 18 seconds per cut. I expect the key-safe is made from a harder material than the steam pipe, so I figured all of 45 seconds.

In one of the more upscale neighborhoods (Lower Merion) nearby, a group of thieves dressed up in bright red jumpsuits, drove a 24-foot panel truck up a driveway, put a sign out on the lawn: Sam's House Cleaning and Yard Services" and did exactly that. Cleaned out the house in broad daylight.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA