ect

Default Sony HMD A200 Monitor completely DEAD!!

Hello,

I have a Sony HMD A200 That I got in 2001, Just recently I was Plugging
the Monitor into the back of my computer, the monitors power was
and on and the computer was on. (It was late, I was in a hurry...it was a
stupid mistake) So right when I touched the RGB cable to the RGB port on
the computer the, computer turned off, and when I looked up I noticed the
monitor had turned off as well. The computer restarted fine without any
problems, but the monitor was totally dead. No green power light, no
sounds, no smoke, nothing, just dead. I have tried different power cables
and I checked the monitor fuse, but I have no idea what to do next. Does
anyone have any advice? Has anyone had a similar problem, or know how to
fix this? Any Help would be great!

Thanks

ect

Mr TUBEAMPS

check to see if the EHT transistor inside
the monitor is not short or open, but do it
with the trany out or you may get wrong
redings.

if ok check the power supply with trany out
connect a 60w 240v light bulb to ground
and to the colecter where the transistor go's
switch on, if the light comes on about half
brite ,you will have 100-130volts dc on the bolb
and power supply is ok.

john

"ect" wrote in message
ies.com...

Hello,

I have a Sony HMD A200 That I got in 2001, Just recently I was Plugging
the Monitor into the back of my computer, the monitors power was
and on and the computer was on. (It was late, I was in a hurry...it was a
stupid mistake) So right when I touched the RGB cable to the RGB port on
the computer the, computer turned off, and when I looked up I noticed the
monitor had turned off as well. The computer restarted fine without any
problems, but the monitor was totally dead. No green power light, no
sounds, no smoke, nothing, just dead. I have tried different power cables
and I checked the monitor fuse, but I have no idea what to do next. Does
anyone have any advice? Has anyone had a similar problem, or know how to
fix this? Any Help would be great!

Thanks

ect

Jerry G.

It sounds like the monitor somehow has a short. This can be a problem in the
high voltage, and or power supply sections. Servicing this can be
complicated for the non trained.

You should take the monitor in for an estimate. If it is a low cost monitor,
you may consider to upgrade it to a new one.

--

Jerry G.