Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default can service manuals still be obtained through Radio Shack for RS products?

Thanks....
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 2/20/20 11:04 PM, All Bumbed Up wrote:
Thanks....

The short answer is no.
Their web site used to include links to their product manuals.
That's no longer there.

However, they do have a "contact us" link.
https://www.radioshack.com/pages/contact-us
You can always ask if they have a manual for a product.
And of course, there's always eBay.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 2020/02/20 9:34 p.m., Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 2/20/20 11:04 PM, All Bumbed Up wrote:
Thanks....

The short answer is no.
Their web site used to include links to their product manuals.
That's no longer there.

You might have success with https://web.archive.org - go back to around
2005 for https://www.radioshack.com and you might like what you see...

John :-#)#
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Friday, February 21, 2020 at 12:04:14 AM UTC-5, All Bumbed Up wrote:
Thanks....

BAMA has about a dozen of them. Probably won't be what you want but you, like many, come in here with no ****ing details.

Radio Shack never made a ****ing thing, it was all made by others. Their better audio I think was Rotel mostly but a little bit of Pioneer.

I won't think you want to tell us WHAT you need a manual for. I do not understand why it is a secret.

You want to use SER ? Make, model, WHAT the damn ting is, what are the inputs ad outputs. If you got image hosting then pictures. What have you tried so far and what were the results ? Did you get a change in symptoms ? Have you checked the power supply ? It is completely dead ? In act what IS the symptom ?

I tell you this, I studied a bit of psychology when I was younger and before they frigged it all up. (the dumbass DSM had not even been conceived) I can tell when people are lying, sometimes before they speak.

But I can't read minds. That is a whole different thing and at this point in evolution is beyond our abilities.

Hey, you a mechanic ? Friend of mine has a car that won't start. Help me.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 21 Feb 2020 00:04:11 -0500, All Bumbed Up
wrote:

Thanks....

No. Try. Google search:

https://www.mods.dk/manual.php?brand=radio_shack
https://www.manualslib.com/brand/radio-shack/
https://www.manualagent.com/radio-shack
https://www.manualsdir.com/brands/radio-shack.html
http://www.repeater-builder.com/radio-shack/radio-shack-index.html
etc.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 2/21/20 12:34 AM, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 2/20/20 11:04 PM, All Bumbed Up wrote:
Thanks....

The short answer is no.
Their web site used to include links to their product manuals.
That's no longer there.

However, they do have a "contact us" link.
https://www.radioshack.com/pages/contact-us
You can always ask if they have a manual for a product.
And of course, there's always eBay.

Sorry, I was wrong. I picked up a vintage model WL-1000 White Lightning
plasma dome produced by Rabbit Systems from Goodwill. Late 1980's
vintage. It had no cord/ power supply and I was trying to determine
that plus get whatever other information I could find out beyond
instructions. I thought it was the Radio Shack one I used to have,
42-3038 "lightning fury" but no. Looks just like that unit did though.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Friday, February 21, 2020 at 8:46:50 AM UTC-6, Jeff Urban wrote:
[...]

Christ. He asked a simple question. Why are you being such an asshole?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 2/21/20 5:00 PM, Terry Schwartz wrote:
Christ. He asked a simple question. Why are you being
such an asshole?

Because that's all he knows how to do.
Between being an asshole, there's the government conspiracy
**** and constant reminders about how smart he is at not
paying taxes and being a better tech than anyone else.

And and and.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Christ. He asked a simple question. Why are you being such an asshole?

YOU read his ****ing mind then.

I was an asshole ? You ain't seen ****. Fukum.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Friday, February 21, 2020 at 10:40:17 PM UTC-6, Jeff Urban wrote:
Christ. He asked a simple question. Why are you being such an asshole?

YOU read his ****ing mind then.

I was an asshole ? You ain't seen ****. Fukum.

Yep. You are clearly an asshole.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Friday, February 21, 2020 at 9:46:50 AM UTC-5, Jeff Urban wrote:
[...]

Don't ya just love it? Yea, car won't start - whats wrong? lol
OTOH, maybe the op is a 10 yo kid just beginning to learn the ways of the world...still, a little effort such a throwing some keywords on Google would go a long way and show some initiative. It amazes me how lazy people are..
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 2/23/20 11:19 AM, wrote:
[...]

You and your partner were quick to criticize and show sarcasm, but did
it ever occur that I already googled it, many, many times over the last
few weeks in fact? My original error was noted, but I understand the
Radio Shack unit is similar but I challenge either one of you to find a
service manual online somewhere for free for either one! Even the
closest paid one I could find for the Radio Shack unit was only a
"partial" and I have no idea what that could mean.

Yes, some folks are lazy, but not this folk. Try finding it yourselves
if you dare.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

This is usenet. Clearly it is not sufficient that I must be right in my opinions and advice, but it is also necessary that you must be wrong in yours.

Using the 'car won't start' analogy, the question asked was: Does anyone here know of a handy source of Chevrolet manuals anywhere on the internet? That is a pretty generic question requiring no mind-reading whatsoever.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sunday, February 23, 2020 at 9:32:20 PM UTC-5, All Bumbed Up wrote:
On 2/23/20 11:19 AM, wrote:
[...]

Yes, thank you. It did occur to me that you may have searched, but then it also occurred to me that since you gave no indication that you didn't, or provide any background/relevant information, I assumed it was lack of effort. Mia culpa.
Then again, one could have provided just a terse answer as the question, or no response at all.

It is a give and take thing...people that respond here take time to provide helpful information. Sometimes they go beyond 1-2 sentence responses and search/dig up information to help answer the questions. In order to do that,it is extremely helpful to know a base set of details and some clue of what the OP has done in order to solve their problem.
good luck
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 23 Feb 2020 21:32:15 -0500, All Bumbed Up
wrote:

... but did
it ever occur that I already googled it, many, many times over the last
few weeks in fact?

Nope. I appreciate your compliments, but members of this newsgroup
are not normally blessed with clairvoyance, mind reading, and the
ability to read between the lines. I do own a crystal ball, but it is
in dire need of an unobtainium recharge and is therefore currently
non-functional. While omnipresence (looking over your shoulder), and
omniscience (knowing all things) are useful tools, not everyone can
afford exchanging their eternal soul for these benefits. Therefore,
it would be best if you supply the missing information needed to
answer a question. May I suggest the following template:

1. What are you trying to accomplish? Not a detailed description.
Just a one line general description of the problem so that the
newsgroup gods might have a clue what you're doing.

2. What are you working with? That means names and numbers, not
vague and ambiguous descriptions. Manufacturers name, full model
number, revisions, firmware version, etc. As many numbers as you can
find. Extra credit for providing a URL to the data sheet or service
manual so we don't need to waste time finding the documentation.

3. What have you done so far and where are you stuck? Please do not
assume that everything you've done is correct until you arrived at an
impasse. It's highly likely that you did something wrong or badly.
Notice that I'm not really interested in a detailed description of all
the right or wrong things that you've done. Just a short list.

4. What level of ability and what test equipment are available?
Notice that I didn't say "your level of ability" or "test equipment
that you own". Just who do you have handy (including yourself) that
can help with the problem, and what aids can you borrow? I'm not
going to write a detailed test procedure only to find that you don't
have access to any test equipment (or that the test equipment doesn't
work).

There are probably a dozen other things that would be of interest but
the aforementioned are the most interesting. If you've invented
something new, patentable, or believe that you're entitled to a Nobel
Prize, you might reconsider asking questions. If you're working on a
commercial project under NDA, and you value your job and bank account,
I would also reconsider asking questions.

Good luck and thanks again for suggesting that I can read minds at a
distance (telepathy):
Brain-To-Brain Communication Finally Achieved!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahxNdsW3yps