Old February 12th 20, 04:46 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Distiibution amplifier vs. ????

In article , says...

The guy is asking a question because he doesn't have a good
understanding of what he is doing doesn't surprise me that he doesn't
provide information he doesn't have a lot of knowledge about.
If you need to provide info about the multiple types of signals
that could be used, that is evidence he doesn't know what info he needs
to provide.
Why not just ask for what you need rather than complain.
I guess I'm just mellowing as I age.
On the other hand, I have my days.

It is often hard to talk about specific items when you do not know them.

Say I know what I want to do such as send a signal from my computer to
the 65 inch TV I have.

All I know is I want to do it,but have no knowlege of svidio,rgb, hdmi,
casting or such, just that I want to watch on the big screen.

Just like I did in another group. I don't know or want to learn all
about the cell phone system. I just know I do not make many phone
calls, text or other things, one phone call a week on the average. I
just want to know what kind of smart phone and which system is the least
expensive to phone, text, and maybe a small ammount of data. There are
several phone systems and not all phones work with them, then there is
the locked and unlocked phones.

Old February 12th 20, 10:17 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wednesday, 12 February 2020 14:09:08 UTC, amdx wrote:
On 2/12/2020 5:26 AM, tabbypurr wrote:
On Wednesday, 12 February 2020 00:20:25 UTC, Dave Platt wrote:
In article ,
tabbypurr wrote:

why do so many questions omit the basic essential information?

An overly optimistic expectation about the efficiency of telepathy,
clairvoyance, and the hackability of home security cameras? :-)

It seems to go even furhter than that.

The guy is asking a question because he doesn't have a good
understanding of what he is doing doesn't surprise me that he doesn't
provide information he doesn't have a lot of knowledge about.
If you need to provide info about the multiple types of signals
that could be used, that is evidence he doesn't know what info he needs
to provide.
Why not just ask for what you need rather than complain.
I guess I'm just mellowing as I age.
On the other hand, I have my days.

Mikek

I know. I just gripe a little because 99% of questions are the same way, and a lot never provide the relevant info.

NT
Old February 18th 20, 08:46 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

You need to post what you have.

If it's from yesteryear, I suppose it;s a channel 3/4 combiner possibly with an RF amplifier.

It used to be really easy to take the output of a VCR run it to one of these and combine ATSC RF channel 4 with the TV feed not containing channel 4 and just select it on your TV. It was like $20.00 USD or less.

To handle other devices, you used an RF modulator to take composite video and convert to NTSC channel 3 or 4.

Now it's way harder and way more expensive to convert to ATSC. levels will be lower, but there would be better immunity to dropouts.

ATSC 3.0 which is coming soon will make everything that you do obsolete anyway.

Old Yesterday, 03:14 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

In sci.electronics.repair, on Tue, 18 Feb 2020 11:46:44 -0800 (PST),
"Ron D." wrote:

You need to post what you have.

If it's from yesteryear, I suppose it;s a channel 3/4 combiner possibly with an RF amplifier.

It used to be really easy to take the output of a VCR run it to one of these and combine ATSC RF channel 4 with the TV feed not containing channel 4 and just select it on your TV. It was like $20.00 USD or less.

To handle other devices, you used an RF modulator to take composite video and convert to NTSC channel 3 or 4.

Now it's way harder and way more expensive to convert to ATSC. levels will be lower, but there would be better immunity to dropouts.

ATSC 3.0 which is coming soon will make everything that you do obsolete anyway.

Only my DVDR tuner is digital. The output is analog, so I'm using Ch. 3
everywhere.

Thanks all. I started another sort-of related thread.