Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default VA48 Sencore schematic

I have one of these old timers and the bar sweep and color sweep section isn't working. Strangely, there are color bars over the dot and cross hatch patterns which I don't recall being a normal situation. All the switches are clean and tight.

Anyway, I have the full owner's manual that includes maintenance and calibration instructions, but no actual schematic.

Does anyone have a schematic of the 500 generator board and parts layout for the same board? This is the only board where the component legends are not silk screened on the board, and there are at least 12 ICs - all 16 pins each, most of them the same number.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 2020/01/27 3:41 p.m., John-Del wrote:
I have one of these old timers and the bar sweep and color sweep section isn't working. Strangely, there are color bars over the dot and cross hatch patterns which I don't recall being a normal situation. All the switches are clean and tight.

Anyway, I have the full owner's manual that includes maintenance and calibration instructions, but no actual schematic.

Does anyone have a schematic of the 500 generator board and parts layout for the same board? This is the only board where the component legends are not silk screened on the board, and there are at least 12 ICs - all 16 pins each, most of them the same number.

I'm looking at restoring the same device, and am also hunting for the
schematics.

I do have a PDF of the VA48 Speed Test Set-Up Booklet and would be happy
to trade that for schematics...(or simply upon being asked nicely)

On the other hand I see these selling on eBay for under $100 including
shipping - vs the VA62 which is the updated version for not much more
and I'm not sure I want to spend the time on it...especially as I
already have the Sencore 1225 which is the most advanced of their
monitor analyzers...

John :-#)#
John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 1/27/2020 5:41 PM, John-Del wrote:
I have one of these old timers and the bar sweep and color sweep section isn't working. Strangely, there are color bars over the dot and cross hatch patterns which I don't recall being a normal situation. All the switches are clean and tight.

Anyway, I have the full owner's manual that includes maintenance and calibration instructions, but no actual schematic.

Does anyone have a schematic of the 500 generator board and parts layout for the same board? This is the only board where the component legends are not silk screened on the board, and there are at least 12 ICs - all 16 pins each, most of them the same number.

You might try asking on the forum.
http://www.videokarma.org/

Mikek

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 1/28/2020 1:20 PM, amdx wrote:
On 1/27/2020 5:41 PM, John-Del wrote:
I have one of these old timers and the bar sweep and color sweep
section isn't working.Â* Strangely, there are color bars over the dot
and cross hatch patterns which I don't recall being a normal
situation.Â* All the switches are clean and tight.

Anyway, I have the full owner's manual that includes maintenance and
calibration instructions, but no actual schematic.

Does anyone have a schematic of the 500 generator board and parts
layout for the same board?Â* This is the only board where the component
legends are not silk screened on the board, and there are at least 12
ICs - all 16 pins each, most of them the same number.

You might try asking on the forum.
http://www.videokarma.org/

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Mikek

Oh, I found a post asking for the VA48 schematic.
It could even be you, first name is John!
No response. :-(
Mikek
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 2020/01/28 11:38 a.m., amdx wrote:
On 1/28/2020 1:20 PM, amdx wrote:
On 1/27/2020 5:41 PM, John-Del wrote:
I have one of these old timers and the bar sweep and color sweep
section isn't working.Â* Strangely, there are color bars over the dot
and cross hatch patterns which I don't recall being a normal
situation.Â* All the switches are clean and tight.

Anyway, I have the full owner's manual that includes maintenance and
calibration instructions, but no actual schematic.

Does anyone have a schematic of the 500 generator board and parts
layout for the same board?Â* This is the only board where the
component legends are not silk screened on the board, and there are
at least 12 ICs - all 16 pins each, most of them the same number.

You might try asking on the forum.
http://www.videokarma.org/

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Mikek

Â*Oh, I found a post asking for the VA48 schematic.
It could even be you, first name is John!
No response. :-(
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Â*Â* Mikek

Could be indeed!

John ;-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Yeah, that was me...

BTW, if anyone needs any service for the VA62, *that* I have. Everything.

I technically own two VA48s now. Yep. I asked my buddy if he still had his manual and he said just take his VA48. I don't need two and I'd rather repair the one I have now.

Worse case I'll take the second one and compare waveforms between them, assuming his working fine..

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tuesday, January 28, 2020 at 1:31:45 PM UTC-5, John Robertson wrote:
[...]

I have a few pages someone scanned, but the generator board is chopped up. Some of it is usable for some of the interconnections are not. I'll email over what I have.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 1/28/2020 4:31 PM, John-Del wrote:
Yeah, that was me...

BTW, if anyone needs any service for the VA62, *that* I have. Everything.

I technically own two VA48s now. Yep. I asked my buddy if he still had his manual and he said just take his VA48. I don't need two and I'd rather repair the one I have now.

Worse case I'll take the second one and compare waveforms between them, assuming his working fine..

I did some searching and didn't come up with any leads other than one
post saying he got the schematic from Sencore 10 years ago for $20, but
was sure what it would cost you today.
Mikek
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tuesday, January 28, 2020 at 6:15:08 PM UTC-5, amdx wrote:
On 1/28/2020 4:31 PM, John-Del wrote:
Yeah, that was me...

BTW, if anyone needs any service for the VA62, *that* I have. Everything.

I technically own two VA48s now. Yep. I asked my buddy if he still had his manual and he said just take his VA48. I don't need two and I'd rather repair the one I have now.

Worse case I'll take the second one and compare waveforms between them, assuming his working fine..

I did some searching and didn't come up with any leads other than one
post saying he got the schematic from Sencore 10 years ago for $20, but
was sure what it would cost you today.
Mikek

I called Sencore, and they no longer support legacy items.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 2020/01/28 2:31 p.m., John-Del wrote:
Yeah, that was me...

BTW, if anyone needs any service for the VA62, *that* I have. Everything.

I technically own two VA48s now. Yep. I asked my buddy if he still had his manual and he said just take his VA48. I don't need two and I'd rather repair the one I have now.

Worse case I'll take the second one and compare waveforms between them, assuming his working fine..

Ah, I have also posted on videokarma so we are both right

http://www.videokarma.org/showthread...62#post3220162

Let's see if the schematics turn up!