Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Rice cooker, opening

Asked to fix one of these, but am stumped at the start: how does one open it? There's no screw on the plastic base under the label, and the feet aren't removable. The only other accessible screws are the 2 on the rear side: removing the top one doesn't free the wraparound side at all, the lower one is the earth connection. Puzzled.

https://ibb.co/Pt4nnvy
https://ibb.co/8PScWFm
https://ibb.co/nRm7RVH
https://ibb.co/yQGwBrr
https://ibb.co/DWhZWKR
https://ibb.co/r2HWP7j

The thing is o/c. It looks like a simple nonelectronic one, likely an easy fix if I work out how to open it!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

http://www.buffalo-appliances.com/me...ram%20j300.pdf

Looks like some sort of snap-fit system. Are those black dots on the feet holes, or little rubber bits? If holes, you may be able to release the feet through them.

Landfill, or not, I expect that you will find replacement with a more serviceable model to be the expedient choice.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 1/27/2020 8:14 AM, wrote:
Asked to fix one of these, but am stumped at the start: how does one open it? There's no screw on the plastic base under the label, and the feet aren't removable. The only other accessible screws are the 2 on the rear side: removing the top one doesn't free the wraparound side at all, the lower one is the earth connection. Puzzled.

https://ibb.co/Pt4nnvy
https://ibb.co/8PScWFm
https://ibb.co/nRm7RVH
https://ibb.co/yQGwBrr
https://ibb.co/DWhZWKR
https://ibb.co/r2HWP7j

The thing is o/c. It looks like a simple nonelectronic one, likely an easy fix if I work out how to open it!

I don't know how to get into it, but here's how that style works.
Very simple, but advanced thinking went into it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSTNhvDGbYI

I you don't want to hear about Latent heat of vaporization and
boiling water skip to 4:40.

Mikek

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Monday, 27 January 2020 15:44:42 UTC, wrote:
http://www.buffalo-appliances.com/me...ram%20j300.pdf

that looks like it pretty much. I couldn't read the brand in Chinese.

Looks like some sort of snap-fit system. Are those black dots on the feet holes, or little rubber bits? If holes, you may be able to release the feet through them.

holes. The feet are integral with the base, nothing to remove. (I'll recheck that when I can.)

Landfill, or not, I expect that you will find replacement with a more serviceable model to be the expedient choice.

There's really nothing wrong with it other than there being something wrong with it It may happen, but if I can open it it should be an quick easy job from then on.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I have seen devices that require a thin tool inserted into the holes (please, not when plugged in), to release internal tabs. Maybe that?

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Monday, 27 January 2020 19:59:10 UTC, tabby wrote:
On Monday, 27 January 2020 15:44:42 UTC, wrote:
http://www.buffalo-appliances.com/me...ram%20j300.pdf

that looks like it pretty much. I couldn't read the brand in Chinese.

Looks like some sort of snap-fit system. Are those black dots on the feet holes, or little rubber bits? If holes, you may be able to release the feet through them.

holes. The feet are integral with the base, nothing to remove. (I'll recheck that when I can.)

Landfill, or not, I expect that you will find replacement with a more serviceable model to be the expedient choice.

There's really nothing wrong with it other than there being something wrong with it It may happen, but if I can open it it should be an quick easy job from then on.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Update time. Feet are moulded into the base. Turns out I'd overlooked the obvious. The base is fixed with one screw over on one side under a paper label - I just hadn't considered it might be fixed so oddly. And yes, an easy fix it is. It probably will get replaced with a more modern one, but it'll do for the week ahead. Thanks.

NT
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 1/28/20 8:12 AM, wrote:
And yes, an easy fix it is.

And what was that?

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tuesday, 28 January 2020 15:32:31 UTC, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 1/28/20 8:12 AM, tabbypurr wrote:
And yes, an easy fix it is.

And what was that?

just an o/c connection, and the cook switch contacts needed a clean.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 1/27/2020 11:20 AM, amdx wrote:
On 1/27/2020 8:14 AM, wrote:
Asked to fix one of these, but am stumped at the start: how does one
open it? There's no screw on the plastic base under the label, and the
feet aren't removable. The only other accessible screws are the 2 on
the rear side: removing the top one doesn't free the wraparound side
at all, the lower one is the earth connection. Puzzled.

https://ibb.co/Pt4nnvy
https://ibb.co/8PScWFm
https://ibb.co/nRm7RVH
https://ibb.co/yQGwBrr
https://ibb.co/DWhZWKR
https://ibb.co/r2HWP7j

The thing is o/c. It looks like a simple nonelectronic one, likely an
easy fix if I work out how to open it!

Â*I don't know how to get into it, but here's how that style works.
Very simple, but advanced thinking went into it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSTNhvDGbYI

I you don't want to hear about Latent heat of vaporization and
boiling water skip to 4:40.

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Â*Â*Â*Â* Mikek

Disappointed no one had any interest in this.
If you have no interest in this, you should see the one about the color
brown :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh4aWZRtTwU

OK, I did find it interesting.

Mikek