DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Uniden Bearcat BC855XLT Schematic (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/643889-uniden-bearcat-bc855xlt-schematic.html)

[email protected] January 26th 20 02:09 PM

Uniden Bearcat BC855XLT Schematic

Hi,

I am looking to buy a schematic (or SM) for my Uniden Bearcat BC855XLT
50 channels scanner.

I had searched the web for a source about a year ago.

Does anyone know where I can get a schematic?

Thank You in advance, John

Peter X1 January 28th 20 08:51 PM

On 26-01-20 14:09, wrote:
Hi,

I am looking to buy a schematic (or SM) for my Uniden Bearcat BC855XLT
50 channels scanner.

I had searched the web for a source about a year ago.

Does anyone know where I can get a schematic?

Thank You in advance, John

Guess this is the stripped/desk version of the 200XLT handheld.
Manualslib has a service manuals for the the 200XLT

--
Kind Rgegards,

Peter OXzilla

[email protected] February 2nd 20 01:26 PM

On Tue, 28 Jan 2020 20:51:16 +0100, Peter X1 wrote:

On 26-01-20 14:09, wrote:
Hi,

I am looking to buy a schematic (or SM) for my Uniden Bearcat BC855XLT
50 channels scanner.

I had searched the web for a source about a year ago.

Does anyone know where I can get a schematic?

Thank You in advance, John

Guess this is the stripped/desk version of the 200XLT handheld.
Manualslib has a service manuals for the the 200XLT

Hi,
This is NOT a handheld unit. I should have mentioned
that.
John

Michael Terrell February 3rd 20 10:18 AM

On 26-01-20 14:09, wrote:
Hi,

I am looking to buy a schematic (or SM) for my Uniden Bearcat BC855XLT
50 channels scanner.

I had searched the web for a source about a year ago.

Does anyone know where I can get a schematic?

Thank You in advance, John

Guess this is the stripped/desk version of the 200XLT handheld.
Manualslib has a service manuals for the the 200XLT

Hi,
This is NOT a handheld unit. I should have mentioned
that.

Uniden has always refused to sell me any manuals. They claimed their consumer grade C-band equipment couldn't be repaired outside the factory. I laughed and told them it was a toy compared to the receivers we built. One thing was certain. It was too complex to repair without a manual. thet3/4" hole burnt through the circuit bord was impossible to reverse engineer. About 30 parts nd a lot of missing traces, along with the substrate.

Have you contacted H.W. Sams? (Photofacts) They might have something. They used to publish scanner manuals.

Ken Layton February 3rd 20 04:56 PM

On Sunday, January 26, 2020 at 5:10:35 AM UTC-8, wrote:
Hi,

I am looking to buy a schematic (or SM) for my Uniden Bearcat BC855XLT
50 channels scanner.

I had searched the web for a source about a year ago.

Does anyone know where I can get a schematic?

Thank You in advance, John

Back in 1995, I was able to order the manual from their parts department. It is Uniden part number SMBC855XLT (also known as part number 12A90-3AT200).. It is 54 pages long, but the copy I purchased back then was missing pages 19 and 20. I contacted Uniden and they copied the missing pages and sent them to me. Back then the manual cost $16.00 plus $4.50 shipping from Uniden's parts department.

If you can't get the manual from Uniden any longer, I could photocopy the manual, but it's got about ten 11 x 17 full sized schematics. It's a very comprehensive manual which covers everything and even has voltage measurements.

[email protected] February 7th 20 02:42 PM

Uniden Bearcat BC855XLT Schematic

On Mon, 3 Feb 2020 07:56:10 -0800 (PST), Ken Layton
wrote:

[...]

Hi Ken,

I am only interested in the schematic/s.

I can give you my real email address here if you can scan the schematic
into an image file (.BMP, .JPG, or other) and send it to me as an attachment.
Otherwise, you can mail a photocopy to me after I give you my address
in an email to you.

I will mail you cash. Let me know how much you want in the email.

Before I indicate my real email address, please let me know
if this is ok with you.

Thank You, John

[email protected] February 11th 20 01:12 PM

[...]

I sent you an email, but never got a reply. Perhaps the email address
was bogus, but the email did not "bounce".

I offered you $10.00 in cash for a copy of the schematic.

Another method would be if you have a DropBox account. Upload
a scanned image of the schematic and include your address in a .ZIP
file. If you have another idea, please post it here. If you want, I can
post my REAL email address here, but you MUST let me know.

Thanks in advance, John

Ken Layton February 15th 20 04:34 AM

On Tuesday, February 11, 2020 at 4:12:19 AM UTC-8, wrote:
[...]

Copies of the schematics are on their way to you, John.

Ken Layton September 7th 20 10:29 PM

Uniden Bearcat BC855XLT Schematic

John:

Were those schematics helpful to you? Did you figure out your problem? It's been a while so I thought I would ask for a followup.